Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool 9-0 Palace

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
Showed the highlights of that wonderful day on Late Kick off that did give me a good laugh watching it.
Its at the very end of the show if anyone wants to relive it

Comments

• Options
    The song got a bit of a muted airing on Saturday at Preston , i hope it gets a rerun on Saturday.
  • Options
    Certainly a classic song that needs more air-time, not just at the party games!
  • Options
    What a joy to see that again. Cant wait to show the kids.
  • Options
    I seemed to be the only one singing "and a piece of dog sh1t".
  • Options
    It needs a good airing by the addicks at Selhurst next season.
  • Options
    Was sung at Half Time at Carlisle as well. Needs to get a good airing on Saturday.
  • Options
    i sing it to my 17month old as i am setting him down for bed as part of my charlton montage.
  • Options
    i sing it to my 17month old as i am setting him down for bed as part of my charlton montage.
    That's brilliant. Do you sing it in the shouty half-aggressive style favoured by most football supporters or have you lullabyed it up?
  • Options
    Very enjoyable. I'd imagine I was alone ,though,rooting for them when they went on to beat L'pool 4-3 in that cup tie.

I'll get my umbrella...
  • Options
    Love that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very enjoyable. I'd imagine I was alone ,though,rooting for them when they went on to beat L'pool 4-3 in that cup tie.

I'll get my umbrella...
    I think I might have found myself accidentally supporting them in that one. Liverpool were the Man Utd of that time.
    I wouldn't do it again though. I've matured.
  • Options
    The song got a bit of a muted airing on Saturday at Preston , i hope it gets a rerun on Saturday.
    It did...and as we got to "9 goals went past Perry"...Preston scored!!! So I would rather we didn't do it again on Saturday thanks :-)

Reminded me of Chelsea at the Valley when Simmo destroyed them. Seem to remember them singing their one man went to mow and as they got to 10 and all stood up, Simmo waltzed through their midfield and defence and scored! They all sat down very quickly!! ;-)
  • Options
    Saw a clip of Darren Pitcher scoring for Crystal Palace against Wolves in the FA Cup on ESPN earlier. Made my blood boil.
  • Options
    Old Perry Sutcliffe eh?

;-)
  • Options
    I sang it my lad too when he was a baby and he reciognised it being sang on Saturday, shame they scored at 9 as we were all about stand and blast out the last verse..
  • Options
    Be nice if we can stick 9 past Palace next season.
  • Options
    Nine different goal scores on the night, must be a record.
  • Options
    don't think Liverpool could stick nine past an under fives side at the moment. Another home defeat tonight. Form over the last 17 games puts them in the bottom three. If King Kenny is the answer then what the hell was the question. Biggest joke in the PL at the moment.
  • Options
    don't think Liverpool could stick nine past an under fives side at the moment. Another home defeat tonight. Form over the last 17 games puts them in the bottom three. If King Kenny is the answer then what the hell was the question. Biggest joke in the PL at the moment.
    Great cup team though......:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkDDmzgh-I
    Notice who is at the heart of the Palace defence that night?

Yes, that's right, its Sky Sports analyst and defence 'expert' Gary O'Reilly......!!!

I see Pards and Brighty were lined up for the Beagles that night - with a certain Alex Dyer on the bench too.
  • Options
    Bet they couldnt even beat palace now