Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Avengers

edited April 2012 in Not Sports Related
Go to see it, its a great film well worth the watch!

Comments

• Options
    who plays John Steed?
  • Options
    Does Emma Peel get them out for the boys ?
  • Options
    Saw it last night very good film. Very funny
  • Options
    hearing nothing but good things about this film
  • Options
    who plays John Steed?
    The REAL Avengers IS John Steed and Emma Peel, the other thing is spandex and Y fronts.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Oh that can soon be changed...

- Jumping in a flying boat is illogical (easy target).
    - The flying ship apparently doesn't have a radar/ defence capabilities.
    - Everyone is invincible so there's no real danger.
    - The non-superhumans use tiny handguns.
    - The villains don't do anything before meeting their match.
  • Options
    Oh that can soon be changed...

- Jumping in a flying boat is illogical (easy target).
    - The flying ship apparently doesn't have a radar/ defence capabilities.
    - Everyone is invincible so there's no real danger.
    - The non-superhumans use tiny handguns.
    - The villains don't do anything before meeting their match.
    Wow .. what a wet blanket ... your not Mark Kermode are you? :-0
  • Options
    Haha I like the movie, but it's not perfect by any means. Some balance is required to the consensus!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Fair do's Jimmy , i haven't seen it yet by my kids are chomping at the bit to see it.
  • Options
    who plays John Steed?
    The REAL Avengers IS John Steed and Emma Peel, the other thing is spandex and Y fronts.

[geek] The Avengers comic started in 1958 whereas the TV series didn't start until 1961 so Marvel are more REAL than Steed and Peel [/geek]

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    No doubt whatsoever that they will enjoy it! It looks amazing and kicks along at a fair pace. It's a little violent for the younger kids, but I reckon it's up to the parent to decide what a child is capable of dealing with!! March 51 let me watch Robocop at the age of 9...

• Options
    No doubt whatsoever that they will enjoy it! It looks amazing and kicks along at a fair pace. It's a little violent for the younger kids, but I reckon it's up to the parent to decide what a child is capable of dealing with!! March 51 let me watch Robocop at the age of 9...

Robocop ... oh yeah i saw him at Preston!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    who plays John Steed?

[geek] The Avengers comic started in 1958 whereas the TV series didn't start until 1961 so Marvel are more REAL than Steed and Peel [/geek]

I wasn't referring to the start dates of either of them but comparing in terms of quality in my own personal view. The Avengers FOR ME is John Steed et al, if someone prefers the other one good for them. I admire your geekishness at knowing those facts though. I did feel geekish enough to check Wikipedia and it suggests that The Avengers USA started in 1963 though Wiki is not always correct of course. Well done. All round Geek points 25! (smiley thing)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
  • Options
    ZzzzZzzzZzzzZzzz why do people get over analytical about films.
  • Options
    Very good film and amusing, i agree with Jimmy that the main enemy should've been more frightening though, he himself had very little power, its the powers that he can bring in to fight for him that are more threatening, think the next one will be better.

Quick question to someone more knowledgable than I: Doesn't Spiderman join the Avengers too? I wouldn't be surprised considering they're redoing spiderman as well that he'll be involved in the next one...
  • Options
    Very good film and amusing, i agree with Jimmy that the main enemy should've been more frightening though, he himself had very little power, its the powers that he can bring in to fight for him that are more threatening, think the next one will be better.

Quick question to someone more knowledgable than I: Doesn't Spiderman join the Avengers too? I wouldn't be surprised considering they're redoing spiderman as well that he'll be involved in the next one...
    Not THE Avengers, suffice to say there have been several line ups but Spidey only made one of them. Besides, Marvel sold the film rights to another company, until that deal runs out no Spider-man in a Marvel movie, same as Ghost Rider or the X-Men. Of course, if that deal does run out, expect yet another reboot/origin and plenty of cross overs.
  • Options

Yeah, terribly boring!!
  • Options
    Yeah Sony don't want to play ball on Spider-Man in The Avengers. At least not before they unveil Andrew Garfield this summer. Got a feeling he'll crop up in Avengers 2 though!
  • Options
    Spiderman I do like!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw it yesterday and enjoyed it as an all-dayer-in-Preston-hangover type of way. Robert Downey Jr. steals the show as Iron Man. Really like him.
  • Options
    I enjoyed it, I agree Downey Jr does steal the show. Hulk a close second!
  • Options
    Rizzo
    10:10AM

(double geek) Sorry Rizzo - The Avengers Marvel Comic was launched in 1963 not 1958. I was a big fan of US Comics (treble geek) in the 1970's and I actually had all of the first 100 issues (including No 1) of the Avengers apart from 5 issues. In my mid 20's I sold the lot (including hundreds of other collectors items) which if kept would have probably paid off my mortgage now at auction. Ah well.......I've never been the shrewdest of peeps!
  • Options
    Saw it Saturday night thought it was very good....only seen the Iron Man films out of the characters involved...but still really impressed.
  • Options
    I'm guessing the Fast & The Furious franchise is about your limit then? ;-)

On topic, The Avengers was a decent film. Some very good moments, comedic elements & very good effects. I'm not sure I'll watch watch another film in 3D though, did my eyes in for a fair chunk of the film.
  • Options
    "You won't like me when I'm angry...............................................................Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources."

The Credible Hulk.
  • Options
    Neither Hawkeye or Black Widow are invincible! ;-)

But yes it is a great film and well worth a watch!!
  • Options
    Im going in a minute, gonna try my first 3d film too.