Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

20 Top Rockabilly Tracks

2»

Comments

• Options
    Imelda May, Irish singer. Really good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZucJAkzCNq8
    #

Sold out a little bit now, music is very pop'ish

Her most recent album is awful but quite enjoyed Love Tattoo.
    Not heard it, like her husbands stuff, but ever since she went on Graham Norton (apart from the Elvis dress she had on) she seems to have forgotten her roots.

Did she cover Blue Tattoo on that album?

• Options
    Have a listen to Red Hot & Blue - Sure Like The Look In Your Eyes, awesome track, one of my favourites.
    If that was released now that people are actually listening to rockabilly, rather than dismissing it, I think it would get airplay. One of the best modern rockabilly songs ever written, but don't tell Mouse I said that...LOL.

ps... Kavs jam session band(s) play it, even better live, the guitar effect immense live, defy anyone not to move to it.

• Options
    Saw Red Hot n Blue do it live many times, in fact I may have to go and play it right now...

Two great shouts from Bill Stumps!
  • Options
    Gene Vincent – Rollin' Danny
    The Big Bopper – White Lightning
    Ray Charles – Mess Around
    Hyperjax – Where Egos Dare
    Ted Chippington – Rock and Roll on 33 (I know you real rockers will absolutely hate this, but it cracks me up)
  • Options
    Just thought

The Trashmen - Surfin Bird
  • Options
    Very good ... Cheers Chirpy
  • Options
    Nice one Chirps. Likewise bing, not entirely the real thing, but the first band from "the scene" to make it to TOTP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got any Polecats tracks you can post bing?
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKHoEZgAb_k

Not for the purists (rockabilly snobs who can give you catalogue numbers etc on all Capitol label releases etc...hate them) but I still like the track.