Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Out-of-contract players 2012

2»

Comments

• Options
    Some of the player valuations quoted on the site are rather ambitious .. 850k for Doherty anyone ?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'd love to see Koren coming to us from Hull. He's 31, talented and experienced at the highest level and could come for a reasonable salary. Also, he might fancy playing in London before his career goes on the wane. He would bring a lot of ability, perception, pace, goal scoring potential and class to our midfield.
    Not sure we want any mercenaries in at the end of their careers unless SCP knows them personally like he did Yann.
  • Options
    Defencer ? .. Whitbread from Norwich .. ex Millwall, US International, a very good central defender. One doubt .. he may now be suffering from an injury which is proving difficult to clear up
    The new Cory Gibbs??
  • Options
    I'd love to see Koren coming to us from Hull. He's 31, talented and experienced at the highest level and could come for a reasonable salary. Also, he might fancy playing in London before his career goes on the wane. He would bring a lot of ability, perception, pace, goal scoring potential and class to our midfield.
    Not sure we want any mercenaries in at the end of their careers unless SCP knows them personally like he did Yann.
    I dont think that he's a 'mercenary' in the context of being just out for a last big payday or two .. he's always given good value at West Brom and Hull. The London comment was just my throwaway line as a lot of players, especially from eastern Europe would like to play for a biggish London club.

• Options
    Defencer ? .. Whitbread from Norwich .. ex Millwall, US International, a very good central defender. One doubt .. he may now be suffering from an injury which is proving difficult to clear up
    The new Cory Gibbs??
    I hope not !! .. just that he has missed a few games this season with (I think) a knee injury .. and they can take a while to mend
  • Options
    What about waggy?he signed a 2 year one in parkys last season
  • Options
    Signed an extension til 2013 in August

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14405524
  • Options
    Karleigh Osborne will be out of contract + his move to Reading fell through on the last day of the jan transfer window
  • Options
    Shame we missed out on Elliot Ward last season, but we were in no place to compete. From what I've seen of Koren in the champ, he would be an excellent signing. I can't see how he's mercenary if he's fullfilled his contracts at both English clubs. Excellent behind the striker, good in a midfield three, and can do a job on the sides. Perfect player to fit into, and cover a lot of positions. Whoever said that it's an excellent call.
  • Options
    Someone told me Matty Fryatt at Hull was out of contract at the end of the season, with Powell's Leicster connections I reckon we might have half a chance.
    double your offer .. he's scored a hattrick tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If our player list is inaccurate it occurs to me that it's all just rubbish and probably not only are the valuations ridiculous but chances are players listed are not out of contract at all.
  • Options
    Koren signed a two year when he went to Hull, well reported. Apparently there is an option of a third year, whether it's in his favour or not remains to be seen.
  • Options
    League1 sees the pay cap come in next season i think and Colchester will be stuffed by that meaning some of their higher earners....Wordsworth & Onogue??? may well be up for grabs.
  • Options
    Funny that no team has ever paid a fee for Koren, always been a free transfer.
  • Options
    Huseklepp is quality, him, Koren is decent, adam hamill?
    Lansbury, Jutkiewicz?
  • Options
    Krystian Pearce, Manny Smith, James Wilson and Karleigh Osbourne, all centre-backs out of contract and young. Can see us picking up at least one of those. Liked the look of Sercombe at Exeter but not sure at what position. Pugh and Wordsworth would be decent.
  • Options
    Current players in contract

Goalkeepers

Nick Pope - Signed from Bury Town for undisclosed development compensation fee - Contract expires 2013 -

John Sullivan - Bosman Free Transfer Contract expires in 2013

Ben Hamer - Signed for Reading for Undisclosed Fee - Contract ends 2014

Conor Gough - Contract length not known

Defenders

Cedric Evina - Bosman Free Transfer from Oldham - contract ends 2014

Rhoys Wiggins - Signed for undisclosed fee from AFC Bournemouth - contract ends 2014

Matt Taylor - Signed on Bosman Free transfer from Exeter City - Contract ends 2013

Michael Morrison - Signed for undisclosed free from Sheffield Wednesday- Contract end 2014

Andy Hughes - Signed from Scunthorpe - Contract ends 2013

Leon Cort - Signed on free transfer Jan 2012- Contract ends June 2013

Gary Docherty - contract ends 2012

Yado Mambo - contract ends 2012

Chris Solly - contract 2013

Harry Osbourne - Contract ends 2013

Midfielders

Danny Hollands - Bosman Free Transfer from Bournemouth- Contract ends 2014

Bradley Pritchard - Signed from Hayes & Yeading - Contract ends 2012. Option for further 12 months

Mikel Alonso - Signed on free from Tenerife - contract ends 2012 with option of one year extension

Danny Green - Signed for undisclosed fee from Dagenham and Redbridge - Contract expires 2014

Dale Stephens - Signed for undisclosed fee from Oldham Athletic - Contract expires 2014

Ruben Bover-Izqierdo- Signed on Free Transfer - Contract length not known

Johnnie Jackson - Contract extended to 2014

Scott Wagstaff - Contract extended to 2013

Callum Harriott - Contract ends 2013

Freddie Warren- contract length not known

Jordan Cousins - contract length not known

Forwards

Paul Hayes - Signed on free transfer after being released by Preston North End - Contract ends 2014

Jason Euell - Contract ends June 2012

Michael Smith - Signed from Darlington for undisclosed free - Contract ends 2014

Yann Kermorgant - Signed on Free Transfer unattached - Contracts ends 2013 with further 1 year option

Bradley Wright-Philips - Contract ends 2013

Tosan Popo - Contract ends 2012

Leon Clarke - Signed from Swindon Town Swapped with Paul Benson - Contract until July 2013

Danny Haynes - Signed from Barnsley for undisclosed fee - Contract ends June 2013

There are also a 7 or 8 new professionals from the youth ranks

Please add anyone I've missed or correct any errors
  • Options
    Solly about to go into final year of contract. Interesting.
  • Options
    Cheers K&F Editted