Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

wendies are being nice towards us!!!

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, some nice comments from a few on there!

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/165578-charlton/

:)

Comments

• edited February 2012
    I hope our trolls are being nice back. (which they are) : )

I took them a while but at last they've seen the light.

e.g:

Yep - Charlton have tied it up now and fair play to them. Simply excellent season for them.

It's easy to go out and buy some players, bring in a few free transfers etc when you have the financial clout, but to buy well and get them gelling and performing like the well oiled unit they are is very impressive, especially considering Chris Powells lack of experience beforehand.

Congratulations to Chris Powell and his team (not Michael Morrison ). Wish them the best of luck next season.
  • a few still insisting we spent millions but the majority are pretty friendly comments :)
  • oh ok cheers ross
  • edited February 2012
    Couldnt give a toss. They're just trying to lessen the taunts they'll get when they get kicked out of the playoffs in the first round by Franchise or Steven. We should just take their dinner money.
  • edited February 2012
    Sums up the mentality of some of them....stating that our spending figures our questionable and how can we as fans know what we have spent yet in the same breath appear to know the exact ins and outs of their own financial goings ons thereby possessing a strange ability to devise a spending league table.

They can plate us til the cows come home now the grim realisation is sinking in that we have a better team than them this season but as far as i'm concerned, especially after the goings on post game up at Hillsborough they are amongst the most classless and moronic fans Ive seen in many years.

Clueless, arrogant peasants and long may they stay down here in this league comparing dick sizes with other clubs.
  • Good job there up north!
  • Does anyone really give a toss about a poxy team in Sheffield ?
    Some of our fans fascination with them worrys me a bit !
  • Fair play to those who are given our club credit. Let's be appreciative of that and not band them in the same group as the delouded idiots who seem intent on undermining our performances so far.

Funny really that the two players who scored against them for us this season weren't bought in the Summer.
  • Does anyone really give a toss about a MASSIVE team in Sheffield ?
    it's nice for us (especially SCP) to get praise from elsewhere

Good Read.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone really give a toss about a MASSIVE team in Sheffield ?
    it's nice for us (especially SCP) to get praise from elsewhere

Good Read.
    Les is going MASSIVE ?
  • edited March 2012
    They were deluded to begin with and became increasingly delusional as the season went on. Charlton as a club- fans, players, management and board have just got quietly about the business of building a decent promotion capable team in a dignified way with little hoohaa or media orgasm. Wednesday on the other hand.....
  • They were deluded to begin with and became increasingly delusional as the season went on. Charlton as a club- fans, players, management and board have just got quietly about the business of building a decent promotion capable team in a dignified way with little hoohaa or media orgasm. Wednesday on the other hand.....
    To be fair to them their run from three games in until the middle of December (16 games) was one point less than ours, 4 points more than Huddersfield and 8 points more than Sheff Utd. During that run they probably had a right to believe that they were candidates to win the division, and certainly favourites for automatic promotion. Three defeats on the trot in February did for them and I can't see them making second now, but they were our closest rival for most of the season, and realistically, they were our only rival - we don't have anyone close enough to be considered competition now.