Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell looking to learn from Manchester City - up north all week?

http://www.slp.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=7415&headline=Chris Powell looking to learn from Manchester City

With Chris Powell and the management team spending Thursday at the Man City training ground, how long will he be up there?

Tonight is the Chesterfield game.
Tomorrow is the Man U Youth game - will he be going to that, and if so will he come back to London first for 1st team training before going back up?
Thursday at Man City, presumably arranged because he was up there for the youth game on Wednesday night?
Does that just leave Friday morning for training with the 1st team before setting off for Bournemouth?

Comments

• edited February 2012
    I thought he was taking the team with him to watch Man City train for them to learn something new?? Guess it will have to be a quick trip since it looks like I was wrong.
  • Day off for the team tomorrow and light training on Thursday, travel to Bournemouth on Friday after training
  • I thought he was taking the team with him to watch Man City train for them to learn something new?? Guess it will have to be a quick trip since it looks like I was wrong.
    Ah yes, Danny Green and David Silva sharing tricks on the training ground
    Day off for the team tomorrow and light training on Thursday, travel to Bournemouth on Friday after training
    But if the management team are all up in Manchester, who will do the training on Thursday?
  • A day off isn't going to hurt them, we're playing Tuesday Saturday for a month
  • Very exciting
  • If you're going to cultivate contacts, then you probably can't do any better than citeh these days...they could well be the dominant force in the premiership for the forseeable future and some of their players are ridiculously good.

Have fun, Sir Chris!
  • I guess our Arab owners want consistency in the training of both their English clubs.
  • I guess our Arab owners want consistency in the training of both their English clubs.

sssshhh
  • That's done it, Harry....

Perhaps they are going up there to see who they want to buy for next season.......

Come back with Silva, Toure, Kompany and Hart and see if Aguero fancies it too, Sir Chris.

They might have to sit on the bench, but they must be interested - who wouldn't want to play for the mighty Addicks?
  • Just seen the Man City plane at Dublin airport.
  • Sponsored links:

Perhaps they are going up there to see who they want to buy for next season.......

Come back with Silva, Toure, Kompany and Hart and see if Aguero fancies it too, Sir Chris.

They might have to sit on the bench, but they must be interested - who wouldn't want to play for the mighty Addicks?
    No. Mancini is going to ask Powell to take Tevez on loan so he can get some 'game time'.

SCP will say, ''Sorry, I've already got Haynes and Clarke on the bench. I'd like to help you, mate, and he could do a job as a replacement for Paul Hayes as fifth choice. But that's the best I can do.''
  • Of course, Chris said he has been given the go ahead to look into the loan market. I expect there are a few young man city players (/tevez) that he might be there to watch!

Would love Balotelli
  • Don't forget that Slater is a City fan...so he probably has contacts up there.

• Would love Balotelli
    Yes, but we are top of the league. It's not as if we need someone to put a rocket up our arses...
  • A day off isn't going to hurt them, we're playing Tuesday Saturday for a month
    After tonight's performance...I think the players will be ok :-)

I bet Mr Powell will be feeling very contented with life as he walks onto the Man City training ground on Thursday.
  • edited February 2012
    Man City have 13 League wins out of 13 at home in the League this season , perhaps Chris is trying to pick Mankini's brains about it?
  • Will anyone be there with it being international week?
  • Thursday is the League Managers Meeting and is being held at Manchester City's training ground, that is why CP is there.
  • edited February 2012
    I'm sure they are going to the City training ground today followed by the Youth game tonight and then back for training tomorrow. Don't always believe what you read in the papers
  • Sponsored links:

• They came home last night following the game at Old Trafford
  • They had a training game today the teams we're...

Mancini's Barmy Army

1. Joe Hart
    2. Chris Solly
    3. Vincent Kompany
    4. Michael Morrison
    5. Gael Clichy
    6. David Sliva
    7. Danny Hollands
    8. Yaya Toure
    9. Johnnie Jackson
    10. Sergio Aguero
    11. Yann Kermogant

Powell's Barmy Army

1. Ben Hamer
    2. Micah Richards
    3. Kolo Toure
    4. Matt Taylor
    5. Rhoys Wiggins
    6. Danny Green
    7. Dale Stephens
    8. Nigel De Jong
    9. Mario Balotelli
    10. Bradley Wright Phillips
    11. Edin Dzeko

Final Score: 99 v 99
  • Back in London just saw him in my local Chinese, seemed a happy man and thinks Sheff Wed getting rid of Megson helps us!