Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rangers Football Club enters administration

Comments

• Options
    Big big big difference between what solicitors, accountants etc have as their charge out rates and what they earn p.a. !

I don't earn what my firm charges per hour of my time in an entire day's work

It's just the way the professional services industry works... all these firms have got to cover their huge overheads somehow and it's largely done in their hourly rates
    Not to mention generate profits for the partners!
    Off it I try not to think of that...!
  • Options
    Big big big difference between what solicitors, accountants etc have as their charge out rates and what they earn p.a. !

I don't earn what my firm charges per hour of my time in an entire day's work

It's just the way the professional services industry works... all these firms have got to cover their huge overheads somehow and it's largely done in their hourly rates
    Not to mention generate profits for the partners!
    Off it I try not to think of that...!
    Just think, one day that could be you! Just need to get the dates right first...
  • Options
    Just dawned on me that that have a owner called Charles GREEN.

Well, it made me smile : - )
    Even made me laugh

• Options

Even made me laugh

And the guy before was called Whyte. If Jason Orange joins the board you should start worrying E. : - )

• Options

Feckin tell me about it.
  • Options

Feckin tell me about it.
    Same as in any game.I was hired out on a job and the firm that hired us wanted me to do something that would have put me jail and his attitude was Ive paid 2k to hire you for the day you will do what I tell you! I was getting about £100 in my bin for the day!
  • Options
    Can't work out what's in it for him. Not a fan, not going to make any money. Let's hope HMRC get a fair return. If they bottle it, it'll just be open season on tax avoidance in soccer. FOOTBALL
    Fixed.
    Don't get this. Soccer (from Association Football) is an English term and was always widely used here, it died out when a generation of armchair fans decided that it was American. I'm bringing it back.

• Options

Even made me laugh

And the guy before was called Whyte. If Jason Orange joins the board you should start worrying E. : - )

Yeah, but its Protestant Orange as I keep reminding people :-)

• Options
    edited June 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the SPL memebers have balls then Rangers will go into the bottom tier of Scottish Football and work their way back up and it will be a warning to all other football clubs that take money to be paid to the tax man and do not pass it on.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I think Sky will be the ones forcing the member clubs' hands here.
  • Options
    New start and that.

Hope th other clubs see through their hatred but really can't see Sky sitting back and paying for a league with only one big team.
  • Options
    I don't think it's anything to do with hatred. I think that most of the other clubs, despite a healthy dislike for the Old Firm will want to keep Rangers in the SPL, with greed/business sense taking over from fair play. It's an appaling message really: mortgage your future, borrow money you can't repay, stuff the tax man and - if you're big enough - you'll get away with a fraction of the penalty that a less financially sound team would pay. Interesting what Ticketus and HMRC think they're getting out of voting against the (derisory) offer. You'd think they have lawyers and financial advisors that are looking at this and weighing up the options. I wonder if Newco might be kicking off with a few less assets than they imagine.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

I have it on good authority that the new owner will be John Hoops.
  • Options
    Really bad news. Rangers will now be banned from all European competition for three years, which means there is very little incentive for the new owners to invest in the playing squad for the foreseeable future.

And the season ticket renewal forms went out a couple of days ago !
  • Options
    You don't have to look any further than the headlines to see what is wrong with football financing today:

Rangers to re-form after creditors' deal is rejected
    Rangers directors may face probe
    Rangers could make early signings

Going out of business and stuff the creditors (including your own staff) but yet somehow still able to sign new players.
  • Options
    I just don't understand how this sort of thing works. A club owes HMRC tens of millions of pounds but they get to start next season with the stadium, ticket sales (which were previously sold off), players and staff but without the debt? That is just so fucked up!
  • Options
    I just don't understand how this sort of thing works. A club owes HMRC tens of millions of pounds but they get to start next season with the stadium, ticket sales (which were previously sold off), players and staff but without the debt? That is just so fucked up!
    Welcome to the world of football greed and mismanagement.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Welcome to the world of football greed and mismanagement.

Is it mismanagement if you know you can get away with it? Laws need to be changed to prevent the abuse and to protect the taxpayer. Sadly, HMRC lost their fight against the football creditors rule - yet again!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    HMRC, who are currently owed more than £21m, believe their decision to force liquidation will allow them to pursue individuals for the debt.

A statement from them read: "A liquidation provides the best opportunity to protect taxpayers, by allowing the potential investigation and pursuit of possible claims against those responsible for the company's financial affairs in recent years.

"Liquidation will enable a sale of the football assets to be made to a new company, thereby ensuring that football will continue at Ibrox."
    Here's a thought. Keep hold of the assets. Take over the running of the club and keep the profits until such time as the tax bill is repaid before finding a buyer.
  • Options
    If the SPL memebers have balls then Rangers will go into the bottom tier of Scottish Football and work their way back up and it will be a warning to all other football clubs that take money to be paid to the tax man and do not pass it on.
    Know how much extra revenue those smaller clubs get from the away supporters when the 'Gers visit? This is a make or break deal seeing that they get two visits a season...
  • Options
    Know how much extra revenue those smaller clubs get from the away supporters when the 'Gers visit? This is a make or break deal seeing that they get two visits a season...
    It's the TV money as well. I think the idea that Rangers need to be made an example of is moot now. The point has been proven, the club will shortly be liquidated, it's assets will be sold off, and the Phoenix company will be barred from Eiropean competition for three years. If that isn't a lesson then I don't know what is. The other SPL clubs voting to kick Rangers out now will do nothing but provide a great definition of cutting off ones nose to spite their face.
  • Options
    It's the TV money as well. I think the idea that Rangers need to be made an example of is moot now. The point has been proven, the club will shortly be liquidated, it's assets will be sold off, and the Phoenix company will be barred from Eiropean competition for three years. If that isn't a lesson then I don't know what is. The other SPL clubs voting to kick Rangers out now will do nothing but provide a great definition of cutting off ones nose to spite their face.

But will the assets be sold off? Will Ibrox be sold or the players all be put up for auction?

No, the Newco will expect to take over the ground, the goodwill (the name and RFC brand) and the players contract while dodging the debt to HMRC and ticketus. Having it both ways but that isn't just Rangers. Nearly all the other clubs who have gone in admin have done the same.

For the likes of Motherwell, Hibs, hearts, etc Rangers abscence is a great opportunity to playing in the champions league and/or Europa league. It's bad news for Celtic financially (its not called the Old FIRM for nothing) but a great opportunity on the pitch.

And the Scottish League clubs will love the extra money.
  • Options
    It's not right though is it.
  • Options
    Legally would it create a precident if Rangers are not relegated ?

The SPL could hardly treat a smaller club differently .
  • Options

But will the assets be sold off? Will Ibrox be sold or the players all be put up for auction?

No, the Newco will expect to take over the ground, the goodwill (the name and RFC brand) and the players contract while dodging the debt to HMRC and ticketus. Having it both ways but that isn't just Rangers. Nearly all the other clubs who have gone in admin have done the same.

For the likes of Motherwell, Hibs, hearts, etc Rangers abscence is a great opportunity to playing in the champions league and/or Europa league. It's bad news for Celtic financially (its not called the Old FIRM for nothing) but a great opportunity on the pitch.

And the Scottish League clubs will love the extra money.
    I don't think the opportunity for the other clubs to play in Europe is that great. Scotland's co-efficient is now so bad that there are only three places in Europe anyway, this will only get worse over the years that Rangers would be in exile (just wait and see Motherwell who will this year go into the champions league qualifiers in Rangers place). So all that will happen is there will be less places in Europe for Scottish teams, and ( if they kick Rangers out the SPL) they'll have less money to build a squad to challenge in Europe if they get there anyway. There really is no advantage to anyone in Scottish football in kicking Rangers out.

As to your point about keeping players, almost all of senior players will leave this summer, when the wage deferrals were agreed it was done so on the basis that the players would be entitled to leave in the summer for substantially reduced fees, liquidation just rubber stamps this scenario. Even without a transfer ban Rangers will struggle to attract new players to replace those leaving. Rangers attract players with the offer of trophies and guaranteed European football; Rangers can now offer neither of these.

Ibrox will be sold by BDO to the newco as per the administraitors agreement. This represents the best opportunity to retain Rangers, which is very important to the local economy, and return substantial funds to the taxpayer.

• Options
    RIP Scottish Football
  • Options
    Legally would it create a precident if Rangers are not relegated ?

The SPL could hardly treat a smaller club differently .
    They have in the past, they will again, and they will not care a jot. If Falkirk, with a fraction of the debt find themselves in a similar situation it will be go straight to jail, do not collect £200 and surrender your ground and playing assets. Scottish football has always been an imbalanced joke, this just lays it open in a very clear, public manner.

• Options
    RIP Scottish Football
    How much future revenue will HMRC forgo if the game dies up there. Billions.

So wrong not to punish clubs adequately for wrong doing but in the long term if the SPL is killed it would have immense knock on effects in terms of huge job losses, extra dole money payments, loss of future revenue for all clubs in scotland not just Rangers.

God knows what the solution is but relegating Rangers will kill the game up there and would have far reaching consequences.