Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Views from a Fulham Steward

edited January 2012 in Root
Spoke to a mates son last night after getting back from the game, he has been a steward for a few years down the cottage and reckons that our fans were one of the best they have had down the cottage for a few years.

He said the noise, passion and range of songs were so much better than premiership teams who come down the cottage.

Overall he said we were a real pleasure and done ourselves proud.

So well done lads. One aim.

Comments

• Options
    He didn't think we were a load of abusive racist drunks then?

How refreshing.
  • Options
    He must have been a drunk racist himself.
  • Options
    He's lying then we are all inconsiderate morons ad infinitum
  • Options
    Great to hear something positive, been wondering how our support appeared to others. COYR.
  • Options
    He didn't think we were a load of abusive racist drunks then?

How refreshing.
    Nope. He also didn't hear any of this so called abuse to Danny Murphys wife, and if anything there would be steward in our end near the directors box.
  • Options
    Spoke to a steward at half time, and he mentioned on his own merit, that our support was ''amazing''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSAjeULeiP4&list=UU7hd9g6hMJPABea6yG5bn8Q&index=4&feature=plcp
  • Options
    Blimey, just woke up at midday with a terrible hangover.

Went to Fulham early for a couple of beers before the game, was part of 7,000 fans who sang almost the entire game, a range of different songs and must have been one of the best Charlton atmospheres in the 30 odd years I have been going to watch them. Thoroughly enjoyable game even though we lost 4-0, thought our players gave everything they had and sadly just got beaten by the better team. However we tried to play football, not hoofball and didn't try to just boot them in the air. We had a number of chances which could have made the score line more interesting and gave the fans the opportunity to get behind the team. Our players then acknowledged the fans and came over so we could clap them off. After that went out around Fulham, various pubs along the river with some old mates and had a really good evening. All in all a great day out.

Then I wake up this morning and the first 4 or 5 threads I read tell me our fans were racist, abusing a kid, standing and blocking views etc etc.....

So well done to this thread which says it like I saw the day and like I would hope 99.999% of our fans saw the day. There are always a couple of plonkers in a group of 7,000 but think threads like this which concentrate on the majority rather than the minority are the way forwards.
  • Options
    Blimey, just woke up at midday with a terrible hangover.

Went to Fulham early for a couple of beers before the game, was part of 7,000 fans who sang almost the entire game, a range of different songs and must have been one of the best Charlton atmospheres in the 30 odd years I have been going to watch them. Thoroughly enjoyable game even though we lost 4-0, thought our players gave everything they had and sadly just got beaten by the better team. However we tried to play football, not hoofball and didn't try to just boot them in the air. We had a number of chances which could have made the score line more interesting and gave the fans the opportunity to get behind the team. Our players then acknowledged the fans and came over so we could clap them off. After that went out around Fulham, various pubs along the river with some old mates and had a really good evening. All in all a great day out.

Then I wake up this morning and the first 4 or 5 threads I read tell me our fans were racist, abusing a kid, standing and blocking views etc etc.....

So well done to this thread which says it like I saw the day and like I would hope 99.999% of our fans saw the day. There are always a couple of plonkers in a group of 7,000 but think threads like this which concentrate on the majority rather than the minority are the way forwards.
    I thought I would wait until the morning so the negative moans can get out the way. Sounds a good night.

THERE WAS A LOT MORE POSITIVES than negatives. Great day out
  • Options
    Absolutely fantastic day and our fans were brilliant . One or two abusive fans don't even deserve a mention . COYR !!
  • Options
    Hate to Put a downer on things but usually the away end is only half the putney end.

But saying that the atmo was electric..

Well done lads.. My voice was gone before i even arrived at craven cottage
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Hate to Put a downer on things but usually the away end is only half the putney end.
    Technically I guess you are right but do you actually think there are "neutral" people in that section when United, Chelsea etc. play there?

• Options
    Yeahh there is i went to fulham arsenal to and that was loads of fulham in there