Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Classic computer games

Comments

• Options
    Anything after 2000 surely shouldn't be on this list?
    They come under 'modern classics'. ;-)
  • Options

Lords of Midnight - spectrum

Elite - BBC micro

still two of the best games ever!

• Options
    street fighter on the snes was epic
    mortal kombat

had a football game on the mega drive cant remeber what it was called but was european teams, if you enterd the cheat three shredded wheat you could score from the half way line...

eco the dolphin... ;-)
  • Options
    Goldeneye (N64)
    Mario 64 (N64)
    Mario Kart 64 (N64)
    Robocop vs Terminator (Mega Drive)
    WWF No Mercy (N64)
    Sonic 2 (Mega Drive)
    Championship Manager 97/98 (PC)
    FIFA 98: Road to France 98 (PS1)
    Grand Theft Auto (PS1)
    Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2 (PS1)
    Sim City 3000 (PC)
    Medal of Honor (PC)
    Streets of Rage (Mega Drive)

Special Mention to: CUSTERS REVENGE (Atari 2600)
  • Options
    Goldeneye (N64)
    Mario 64 (N64)
    Mario Kart 64 (N64)
    Robocop vs Terminator (Mega Drive)
    WWF No Mercy (N64)
    Sonic 2 (Mega Drive)
    Championship Manager 97/98 (PC)
    FIFA 98: Road to France 98 (PS1)
    Grand Theft Auto (PS1)
    Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2 (PS1)
    Sim City 3000 (PC)
    Medal of Honor (PC)
    Streets of Rage (Mega Drive)

Special Mention to: CUSTERS REVENGE (Atari 2600)
    down loaded streets of rage on to my iapd the other day, total nostalgia and exact copy of the game i spent hours playing as a kid, 
  • Options
    And how did you find it, playing that old game adam? I was sorting through my crap a couple of years ago and dusted off my original playstation 1 (the big first edition) and a few of my older games. Soon realised that the past should stay in the past.
  • Options
    tango, its naff graphics are poor and music crap but loved it... i often crank up a few of my ps1 games on my ps3 just to have a laugh and remember just how times have changed, few hours of ps1 games then whack on modern warfare or fifa and just realise how far games have come.
  • Options
    eco the dolphin... ;-)

Great to begin with. Something totally different around that time.
    Is my memory playing tricks, or did the doplhin end up going into space in later levels?
    If so, this is just wrong... ;)
  • Options
    Street fighter was always a favourite
  • Options
    One of the games I loved on the PS1 (and forgot to add to my original list) was Tomb Raider. Compared to Unchartered, you can see how much the video game industry has progressed over the past 2 decades.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eco did go to space v random.. Used to go to a stall in woolwich market and swap games.
  • Options
    World of Warcraft - played it for 6 years and didn't buy another game throughout that entire period. Also met some very good friends through that game. Lost interest in the game now but still see the friends.
  • Options

Atic Atac
    Sabre Wulf
    Knights Lore

ZX Spectrum

Sabreman Rocked!
    Ultimate - Play the game classics!!

• Options

Another shout out for Kick Off 2, a never matched classic.

Doom

• Options

Yes phantom

• Options

Wow. Look what I found
    (Probably just me loosing a few work hours today)

http://www.retrobabble.com/games/emus/spectrum/aticatac/aticatac.html

• Options

James Pond

RoboCod

Jet Set Willy

• Options
    Knight lore and head over heels
  • Options
    Have we had JetPac, yet?
  • Options
    Kick Off 2 (and Kick Off, and Goal!) was written by a stripey Nigel unfortunately... which is why they used to have "Eagles" playing as a sample in the background during matches...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kick Off 2 was awesome.  Used to get in so many fights with my brother over that when you'd mastered how to score direct from the kick off from 50 yards.  One touch and bang.  Brilliant.  One fight ended up in him throwing the Amiga at me and shoving the TV over in disgust.  We did use to play 20 mins a half though.  Happy Days.
  • Options
    Sabre Wulf - never managed to finish it
    Theme Hospital
    Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2
    Down to Earth
    Age of Empires
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Populous - The Beginning
    Worms
    Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 - Soundtrack to that was awsome
    Dune

• Options
    adsads
    edited November 2011
    Yie Ar Kung Fu
    Way Of The Exploding Fist
    Frak
    Gyroscope
    Roadrash(?)
    and the Repton series
  • Options
    Knights of the Old Republic was a great game - thenLucas Arts snatched the rights to the game back from Bioware and ruined it all by making KOTOR2 themselves
  • Options

Toejam and Earl

Skitchin'

• Options
    edited November 2011
    This thread has brought back so many memories. I feel old..

A few of my favourites that I haven't seen mentioned (I could have missed them)

Daley Thompson's Decathlon (Spectrum) - WTF was the penalty shootout doing in a decathlon?
    Hyper Sports (Spectrum) - A keyboard killer. The clay pigeon shooting was especially good fun.
    Howzat (Spectrum) - Cricket sim. Friends hated it. I loved it.
    Wings (Amiga) - First world war pilot game. Probably my favourite/most played game ever.
    Fruit Machine (Amstrad) - The only reason I went to see my cousins. They had an Amstrad, I didn't .

If you want a trip down memory lane there are youtube videos of most of the games mentioned in this thread.

• Options

Daley Thompson's Decathlon (Spectrum) - WTF was the penalty shootout doing in a decathlon?
    Hyper Sports (Spectrum) - A keyboard killer. The clay pigeon shooting was especially good fun.

These games were better with the good old Kempson Joystick.
    If you hadn't upgraded to the 'proper' keyboard for the Spectrum, a golf ball back and forth across the rubber keys did the trick.

• Options

haha @ Leisure Suit Larry - You used to have to answer a question to proove you were over 18 before you could play.

can't remember the name of a console we used to have, that you put the games in the side like a cartridge, and it had 2 handheld things attached by curly cable. and you slid a plastic card into the handheld thing and the buttons would correspond to the game it also had a round silver disk thing underneath the keypad. We had a skiing game and leapfrog (frogs on lily pads jumping) amongst others and think my dad still has it. was awesome.

• Options

haha @ Leisure Suit Larry - You used to have to answer a question to proove you were over 18 before you could play.

can't remember the name of a console we used to have, that you put the games in the side like a cartridge, and it had 2 handheld things attached by curly cable. and you slid a plastic card into the handheld thing and the buttons would correspond to the game it also had a round silver disk thing underneath the keypad. We had a skiing game and leapfrog (frogs on lily pads jumping) amongst others and think my dad still has it. was awesome.

was it called something like a Colecovision?  seem to remember something similar from the early 80's
  • Options

Do you mean Frog Bog? That was on a console called Intelevision