Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday - Disrespectful?

WSSWSS
edited August 2011 in Other Football and Sports
Have made three subs in the first 16 minutes of their game against Bradford to get around the competition rules.

Thoughts?

Personally, I hope we don't act like that.

Comments

• Options
    Would be surprised if it didn't lead to a fine.
  • Options
    Megson all over - Bell End ...
  • Options
    Beat me to it. Insult to the fans that have travelled.

Megson looks very smug about it.

Hopefully they'll still get fined.
  • Options
    funny how they look better when they take semedo and prutton off cant wait till monday hope we smash them to bits
  • Options
    Weaver off after 2 mins. Semedo and Prutton after 16 mins.

Taking the rise out of the game, but Megson will say they have doing nothing wrong.
  • Options
    I wish Parkinson had've had the bollox to sub Semedo after 16 minutes. ;-)
  • Options
    Can't stand Megson. Someone remind me of the JPT rules again? Got to start a quota of players from the last league match is it?
  • Options
    Can't stand Megson. Someone remind me of the JPT rules again? Got to start a quota of players from the last league match is it?

Six of the starting XI must come from the eleven players with the most first team starts that season.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    It is taking the piss somewhat, but I can see why he did it.

We made 11 changes in a League cup tie, but will have to risk at least 6 regulars in this tinpot trophy? It's not right.
  • Options
    They are going nuts about on Owlsonline.com. Saying it is an embarrassment to the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would be ashamed if we did this. Hope they get fined.

Thankfully we have a decent guy in charge who I strongly doubt would be so disrespectful to the competition, the opposition and his own club's fans.
  • Options
    Have made three subs in the first 16 minutes of their game against Bradford to get around the competition rules.

Thoughts?

He will argue that he hasn't broken any rules, technically he hasn't although it's not in the spiritof the competition rules.

The joke will be on him if a couple of players get injured.

• Options
    Cheers BFR
  • Options
    I think it is fair enough...and within rules

at own risk re: injuries too
  • Options
    Would love the weds keeper to be sent off now. Clinton morrison in goal?? Haha
  • Options

Thoughts?

He will argue that he hasn't broken any rules, technically he hasn't although it's not in the spiritof the competition rules.

Presumably, he isn't bothered if he goes down to 9 or 10 men, as he wants to go out.
  • Options

We made 11 changes in a League cup tie, but will have to risk at least 6 regulars in this tinpot trophy? It's not right.

Fair point, but we took that match seriously and won, beating a team in a higher division to boot.
  • Options
    very disrespectful and at times like this it would be football justice if a few of the remaining 'first teamers' pick up injuries and now can't be subbed
  • Options

Thoughts?

Presumably, he isn't bothered if he goes down to 9 or 10 men, as he wants to go out.

That would raise questions about whether SW were really trying or not - leading to charges of taking the game into disrepute. Also I can see their fans being refunded their money after this.

The stupid thing is that instead of giving three starting players part of a game and three subs part of a game he's giving eleven players a full game. I bet they they are happy.

• Options
    Joke club 10 points deducted please :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Embarrassing. If that was Charlton i would be ashamed. Surely bringing the game into disrepute even if competition rules adhered to. Hope the keeper gets sent off.
  • Options
    edited August 2011

Fair point, but we took that match seriously and won, beating a team in a higher division to boot.
    We certainly did a professional job (I expect nothing less). It's not having the choice as to who we select that annoys me.

The league are basically saying that the 11 players that beat Reading aren't a good enough team to play in this competition because they aren't 'regulars'. It's a nonsense.

I'm not excusing Megson. The rules are what they are and he should adhere to them in a more professional manner. That rule needs changing, though.

• Options
    edited August 2011

Nonsense competition, with nonsense rules. No way is Megson going to get punished for making substitutions.
  • Options
    Do you HAVE to enter the competition? Ie is it mandatory as part of membership to the league?
  • Options

Insult to Bradford ...........and the crowd who paid to watch the game ...but within the rules be funny if the 3 subbed players were banned from the next game.

Mind Prutton and Semedo one will not make 90 minutes at the Valley

• Options

Nonsense competition, with nonsense rules. No way is Megson going to get punished for making substitutions.
    and because of this the FA won't do anything about shef wed taking the piss
  • Options
    Disgrâce but why play this micky mouse cup in the first place .
  • Options
    sheff wed priority is promotion 
    as is ours 
    he pushed the rules to the limit for the good of sheff wednesday
    we did the same by not risking first teamers for reading game (regardless of result)
    we have some proper prescious fans ffs 
    tinpot cups it's all about the league and i wouldnt be fussed if scp did the same 

• Options
    I wouldn't be annoyed if we did it cos we'd still win :D
  • Options

At least there's one person who see it the same way as me. I'm glad to hear that Sheff Weds have done this and I would like us to do the same. In a recent conversation with my parents I even 'suggested' that such early substitutions would be a good way to get around the rules.

The JPT is an absolute waste of time. Regarding the argument that it's not fair on supporters, one could argue that this competition is not fair on the clubs, being that entry is obligatory, and stupid rules are enforced.

I repeat what I've said before. I would rather Charlton score one more league goal than win this competition. Who cares who wins it anyway?