Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Red Red Robin

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
As we prepare for for another home much, cant help but wonder if this walkout music is somewhat outdated. Sometimes feel that we lose some of the crowd passion when this music kicks in.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2011
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    why do we keep having this debate?

every few months someone posts this argument and every few months the red red robin is unanimously voted our tune and that's the way everyone wants it to remain.

i personally don't think it detracts and i personally love hearing it and seeing our boys walking out to it.

it's ours, it's our trademark if you like, and i for one don't want to see it go or any other music take it's place.

• Options
    It's part of our history and what makes us us.....in other words....I don't want it changed.  There I've said it.  :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Yes I'd much rather have a euro techno version of classical music like most other clubs to appear less "dated"... NEXT!
  • Options
    No guys, he's right. It's so behind the times. I know, lets have this one instead..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXiEdYPjcZ8

Do you just hate sarcastic bastards? ;-)
  • Options
    don't think it matters, if it's a big game the crowd sings over it, i.e. how we did against bournemouth.
  • Options
    It's part of the club and I love it.
  • Options
    Gotta love Red Red Robin, I just wish the crowd would sing along to it.  Like West Ham do to Blowing Bubbles, and Liverpool for theirs etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok thanks for your thoughts.
  • Options
    We could come out to Glad All Over?
  • Options
    Red Red Robin is sacrosanct as far as I am concerned. I would however like to see the bagpipes back perhaps later in the year at some suitably big game for a rendition of Valley Floyd Road and would say the same about the Dutch brass band we had a few years ago.
  • Options
    We could come out to Glad All Over?
    Someone wants a slap.............................

Funnily enough, I was chatting to my brother last night (he's a Gills fan) and I asked him what song do they come out to and he said they don't have a set one and change it every season. A club with no soul or identity...............................
  • Options

SHG

Good call about the Dutch band, and the bagpipes.

Incidentally, the music shop in Charlton Church Lane (owner a full on Addick) sells kazoos for £1.50. If about 500 of us bought one, and brought one to the games, we could create an 'interesting' and original cachophony. Could spread like wildfire, better than inflatables cos they're too darn quiet!

• Options
    Wouldnt change it for anything. Im a typical 18 yr old with my music but got no problems with a bit of red red robin
  • Options
    Wonder what song Brighton come out to?

;-)
  • Options
    Wonder what song Brighton come out to?

;-)
    *clap* .................... *clap*....................... *clap*
  • Options
    I agree red red Robin belongs to a bygone age it's too old now , when it comes on I expect Dads army to come running out! What's happened to making the valley a fortress and that starts with getting the crowd pumped up and going from the start. Skids -into the valley,, Clash- londons burning ,Republica- ready to go .it worked in the premiership
  • Options

Brighton come out to Good Old Sussex by the Sea....

Oh, I see.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The Skids, Into The Valley?

That's so 70's.

• Options
    I sang it today when the team came out (sometimes I don't even realise) and some older people sitting next to me looked at me as if I was mental. I'm not that bad a singer. 

I love it. 
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Is this a wind-up? My son and I sing it, just as I did with my dad. As said above this subject crops up every few months and should be sunk before it starts! I'm not often serious on CL but this is really beginning to annoy me! If you don't like tradition go to Sellout Park!
  • Options
    Its a song, its our song. 
    Whatever new claptrap you put on instead will soon be outdated but with none of the tradition of RRR. 
    Pointless to replace it. 
  • Options
    I use to sing along with it when I was in the east stand. Cant even really hear it any more now I'm in the upper North. Tradition though init :)
  • Options
    Please emigrate to a lesser site, otherwise I will have to send Robin round ( and Batman ) !
  • Options
    Its à part off CHARLTON history all ways will .
  • Options

The Red Red Robin will always keep bobbin along as far as I am concerned. BDL never talks over the words so we can all join in, Just sing along if you don't already.

# Your support is fu****g s**t # now there is a 'song' that should be binned.

• Options
    Why should we follow other clubs. We are Charlton and we are unique. Long live the Robin and long may you bob bob bobin' along.
  • Options
    O.k everyone calm down, I get it that the red red Robin is tradition and therefore sacred perhaps we could get it re-recorded by someone under the age of 90?