Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Parker and Carl Jenkinson

edited August 2011 in Root
They say, "what comes around, goes around". 

Will we look back on the sale of Jenkinson as the start of the revival of our fortunes in the same way we view the sale of Parker as the start of the decline?

Just heard Jenko on the radio revelling in playing in the Champs League - he even said he was "over the moon".  At first I felt bitter, then I thought, no wait a minute, we have all these excellent players thanks to him!

Comments

• Options
    No comparison in my opinion, the better one is with Lee Bowyer where we sold him for £2 million, and bought a new team. I am pretty confident that we had the budget this time without selling Jenkinson.
  • Options
    to think some of our freak show fans thought jenkinson should have stayed, i mean champions league playing in front of 58k at the emirates or 5k at the weston homes ffs
  • Options
    No comparison in my opinion, the better one is with Lee Bowyer where we sold him for £2 million, and bought a new team. I am pretty confident that we had the budget this time without selling Jenkinson.
    Good comparison.Like when Bow left we are on the verge of something new and exciting.My comparison after watching a New Charlton team last night is Lennies team in 85.The year we left the Valley and won promotion.
  • Options
    Fair play to the lad, I never thought at any stage he would get a look in at first team level this season
  • Options
    Fair play to the lad, I never thought at any stage he would get a look in at first team level this season

yep agree with that and he looked a little shakey of the bits i saw but good luck to him
  • Options
    Helps that they're selling half their team but good luck to him anyway!
  • Options
    Could have Shelvey v Jenkinson on Saturday lunchtime
  • Options
    I wonder if Eboue leaving was always on the cards, hence why the signed Jenko
  • Options
    - he's quite lucky that Arsenal look so frighteningly awful this year!
  • Options
    imo

jenkinson needs a lot more football at a lower level ...he shd be loaned out or play in the stiffs regularly at arsenal

a v good prospect ..we did well to let him go though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Suprised he is in there first team already.

Maybe Wenger likes his eye for goal..
  • Options
    Another sale was Danny Mills whose fee was used to bring in Kiely and retain the majority of the squad enabling promotion as champions at the first attempt
  • Options
    Robert Lee helped finance our return to The Valley.
  • Options
    to be fair jenkinson did only get on due to 2 defensive injury's. to gibbs and djouro but it's still very good for the kid
  • Options
    imo

jenkinson needs a lot more football at a lower level ...he shd be loaned out or play in the stiffs regularly at arsenal

a v good prospect ..we did well to let him go though
    He'll probably feature a fair bit in the reserves but loaning players out isn't always the best option due to the drop in coaching standards etc.
  • Options
    Could loan him back to us...... but not sure he'd get in our team!!!:)
  • Options

Brilliant to see a player we had only a few months back playing in the Champion's League for an English club.

The money for him has helped us in the summer, without doubt. Great move all round.

• Options
    Eboue leaving was on the cards for a long time, nearly went to Fiorentina last year but it fell through.
  • Options
    Probably, yeah. Eboue wasn't given a squad number this season.
  • Options
    It's mad to think Arsenal released Solly as a youngster and have now signed his deputy from Charlton. I watched the Arsenal game last night (couldn't get to Colchester) and Jenkinson looked pretty comfortable. I think he chose the right move at the right time for all concerned and he should have a good career there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kudos to Powell for giving Jenkinson an extended run in the team last season. Had Powell not taken over it's likely that he'd still be in the background at Charlton and our squad would be a lot weaker as a result.
  • Options
    Fair play to him. Still don't see him featuring much more this season though. Think gooners will strengthen and he'll probably go out on loan at championship level to gain a bit more experience.
  • Options
    Thought that myself....... but the lad did ok, and seeing that he probably never thought he would get on, got into the game well.
    It certainly gave an interest to the game for me, he was hardly here  very long and we have got a £1million  for him it is  reported ....... 
    He did okay when he played for us, took his chance, when the opportunity came so if he thinks he can do it, that is his choice?
    There are plenty of former players  that I can upset about , but  Jenkinson is not one of them.......
  • Options
    QPR have bid for Parker.
  • Options
    Stay at westham, qpr has disaster wrote all over that awful supported club
  • Options
    Only a £4m offer, surely that will get rejected?
  • Options

Parker deserves better.

Why don't even mid-table Prem clubs want him?

• Options
    crazy isn't it

he was PFA player of the year!
  • Options
    Stay at westham, qpr has disaster wrote all over that awful supported club

agree awfully supported at home , yet they manage better away numbers than us ...
  • Options

Parker deserves better.

Why don't even mid-table Prem clubs want him?

I think there are concerns about the state of one of his knees, he missed some key games at the end of last season for Wet Spam and has had some lengthy lay offs with it.

I reckon that this must be the reason why Spuds have never bought him.