Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Going to the Nou Camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited August 2011 in Root
As I am going on holiday for a week in Spain my Dad (I'm 15) thought that he would see who Barca are playing and is turns out there only playing Real Madrid!!!!!!!!!! In the super cup ( there version of the community shield) 

So as he loves football he decided to get me and him tickets for the match.

So if this game is on telly over here look for a Charlton shirt very high up. there Stadium is only a bit bigger than ours so I don't think that i'll be that over whelmed ; )

Also while I'm there I shall persuade as many Barca and Madrid players as I can to come and join us even though I reckon Xavi and Iniesta will struggle to get into the first team with Hollands and Stephens being there ; )

There is a serious down side to this though as I shall miss Charlton vs Scunthorpe as I don't get back till Sunday : (        and in truth I would rather see Charlton play In stead of Barca and Madrid  

This means the East stand will be more quiet than usual.  

Comments

• Options

I recommend doing a stadium tour - or at the very least getting in to see the museum.

Barca may have the European Cup, but they don't have the People's Cup, so be prepared to be a little underwhelmed.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Do the tour, its not much at all and well well worth it!

Might be closed on the match day though. Ive done it three times but I believe they closed it the whole day when they was playing Valencia while I was out there. 
  • Options
    fantastic addicted4life you've got a good dad, have a great time.
  • Options
    I suspect having seen Charlton's performance against Bournemouth it will all be a bit of anti-climax.
  • Options
    If you are eagle eyed you may even spot a Mendonca engraved somewhere in the tour area (on a big shield/plaque)? Or possibly my memory playing up
  • Options
    Isn't Leroy our resident Barca expert? He should be able to help.
  • Options
    Agree - do the tour. It's fantastic. Certainly better than when I did it first about 25 years ago (though there were an awful lot of pictures of El Tel about then, which probably clouded my judgement!) The tour isn't just about the stadium - they really push the whole 'Catalan identity' thing, which gives you a feel for how much the club is seen as a focal point for Catalunya (no matter what all the bitter Espanyol fans might say!)

One piece of advice: if you're staying in Barcelona itself, don't make the game the focal point of your trip. There's so much to see and do there, you would be a fool to concentrate too much on it. I'm over there myself in September for the Osasuna game, but am making a good five days of it this time to mosey around.
  • Options

I mentioned this book on another thread - an excellent background to the history of the club:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barca-Peoples-Passion-Jimmy-Burns/dp/0747541957

And don't refer to the locals as Spaniards - they are Catalans who happen to be in Spain, have a good holiday.

• Options
    good advice from Leroy

if you are staying try a beach,the port area,las ramblas,la sagradi familia,park gel and the open top bus tour ,the bus can take you to the nou camp

a lovely place for a break not specifically for the football 
  • Options
    yep i did a tour was great
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2011
    I'm back and it was bloody amazing 3-2 but................. the valley and Charlton is much better ; )
  • Options
    I'm back and it was bloody amazing 3-2 but................. the valley and Charlton is much better 
    LOL. Not 'better' - 'different'... but just as good :)
  • Options
    I'm back and it was bloody amazing 3-2 but................. the valley and Charlton is much better 
    LOL. Not 'better' - 'different'... but just as good :)
    forgot ; )
  • Options
    Did you do the tour? As the others have said, it is a fascinating club and a fascinating story if you like your history.
  • Options
    You sit in the East Addicted? Which block? 
  • Options
    block C
  • Options
    block C

Ahh, I'm the other end in H. 
    Boo! Its all about block H!