Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Slater and Steve Kavanagh @ Bromley Addicks - Tuesday 6 September 2011

edited August 2011 in Root
Chairman Michael Slater makes his first visit to Bromley Addicks on Tuesday 6th September alongside Managing Director Steve Kavanagh.

This will be the first opportunity to hear directly from Slater since the summer spending spree and question him on what his plans are for the Club moving forward

This will be a MEMBERS ONLY meeting but if you're not a
member you can pay on the night.  Those of you whose Bromley Addicks memberships ran
out at the end of last season can also pay when you get there.

Membership is £5 for adults, £3 for seniors and free for children and full time students under 18

Those that have been before will tell you that these meetings (they'll be
another four or five this season) are well worth £5 for the chance to
hear direct from the people who run the Club what is happening and to
question them.  It's an open floor, no prepared questions, you just
stick your hand up and ask.  And you might even meet some other lifers
but only if you want to.

Other planned meetings will include two
current players, players from the 86 promotion side (to coincide with
the 25th anniversary), the return of Chris Powell and Richard Murray
and, if we can sort out dates two US based managerial legends.  All to
be confirmed.  For more info contact tony.warran@btinternet.com to join
our mailing list.

The meeting starts at 7.45 pm with group's AGM.   Mr Slater and Mr Kavanagh will be on at 8.00.

The downstairs bar will be open from 6.00 pm and the upstairs bars where the meeting is held from 7.30pm

There will be a raffle, most likely of one of the signed player shirts from last April's shirt sponsors evening.

Usual venue:
Bickley and Widmore WM Club
Tylney Road
Bromley
BR1 2QE

If you have any questions about Bromley Addicks including membership please contact Tony Warran on tony.warran@btinternet.com

See you all there.

Comments

• Options
    See a few of you there no doubt.  If you are coming along for the first time ask for Ben and I'll introduce you to any other lifers who are about.
  • Options
    So who's coming along?

Sure Slater will be given a hard time considering how few players we've bought over the summer : - )
  • Options
    Where is that poxy long thread that had people slitting their wrists after the last Bromley meeting?
  • Options
    If I attend, I'll pin the Bas**rd up against the wall whilst screaming in his face

"WHERE'S OUR 20 GOAL A SEASON STRIKER?"

It's all very well buying us all these wonderful players, but he promised one thing, did he deliver? shameful.

Think it's best therefore that I stay away.........................................................

;-)
  • Options
    Where is that poxy long thread that had people slitting their wrists after the last Bromley meeting?
    It's out there somewhere. Poxy search doesn't work but most of the wrist slitters weren't at the meeting.  I'm sure some of the comments made by CP will be raised with MS and SK
    If I attend, I'll pin the Bas**rd up against the wall whilst screaming in his face

"WHERE'S OUR 20 GOAL A SEASON STRIKER?"

It's all very well buying us all these wonderful players, but he promised one thing, did he deliver? shameful.

Think it's best therefore that I stay away.........................................................

;-)
    Yes, better you do.
  • Options
    I was looking forward to it but realised today I'm at Wembley.
  • Options
    Playing ?

ooops...Meant "plaaying " ?
  • Options
    Playing ?
  • Options
    Might come along to help you read between the lines a bit better Henry. CP's clearly one step ahead of you journalistic types. I think i should put a ;) or something similar here to indicate i'm joking - is that right?
  • Options
    Come along but just about everything CP said in May has come to pass. Looking back now it was a very accurate prediction by him of what would happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Your a better hack that the lot of them Bex. They have no creative style, they just consistently produce average copy.
  • Options

Come along but just about everything CP said in May has come to pass. Looking back now it was a very accurate prediction by him of what would happen.
    i'm not having a pop at all and i have no doubt you reported it accurately and selflessly for the benefit of those not there but there is absolutely no waY we had the same transfer budget as Rochdale or whoever it was this summer. That 'contingency' came into play on virtually every deal i reckon.
  • Options
    Golfie and I will be there.
  • Options
    See yoi there

Thanks Dan for proving me and CP right. He never said we had the same budget as Rochdale. I wasn't going to write a report bu then mostly people who weren't there started sayimng that was what he said.

As for the contingency fund yes that is the fund we were told about by Powell at the meeting.

Subsequently CP has said in public that all the fees paid were more than covered by the Jenkinson money. Since than Hamer and Smith have been bought but Elliot sold (just as CP said and I and others reported was likely)
  • Options
    As i say Henry, i'm not having a pop at all but obviously fees paid and investment made once factoring wages in are two completely different entities and of course CP isn't going to make statements that aren't true in public and i'm more than happy the way they've gone about the whole summer business and, in my opinion, under played (without lying), the level of our investment. As i've said before, i don't need or want to know all the ins and outs as long as we end up with a good team, and thats what we've now got. Anyway, this is a bit of a pointless discussion and you are of course, correct.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I pretty happy too so far.  We've got a bigger and better squad and more than likely on a lower total wage bill.  We can't be sure but we know we've lost the big earners and bought mainly from league one and below.

32 players.  A lot of kids and non-leaguers (Pritchard, Pope, Smith) on say £1000 pw.  Some others like Hollands and Hamer maybe closer to £3k pw. 

My guess and it's just a guess is an average of £2k pw.  So £100k pa x 32 = £3,200,000.   So less than £4m.

The fees are all undisclosed but jenks and Robbie's fees may well be close to the 6 paid out. Again it's a guess.

Has Powell been asking the board for a little bit more and just one more player?   I'm pretty sure he has (just about every manager does) and since the board are covering a £5m loss this year anyway why not make that £5.25m or £5.5m.  It's something we can ask Mr Slater and Mr Kavanagh on Tuesday.   We may not get a complete answer but that's what these meetings are about and why, unless requested not to, what is said get's reported and we allow anyone to come along.

Anyway, Dan, come to the meeting and see for yourself.  I'll even buy you a pint of bitter : - )
  • Options
    ok, thanks Henry. May well do.
  • Options
    I've got bad news for you Bexley Dan - your avatar is now out of date.

Courage Best have a new brandmark badge on handpumps.

Sort it out!

;o)
  • Options
    I've got bad news for you Bexley Dan - your avatar is now out of date.

Courage Best have a new brandmark badge on handpumps.

Sort it out!

;o)

it's a retro badge
  • Options

Note that this meeting will not be all-ticket but it will be MEMBERS ONLY.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = U1 /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Subs are due for all Bromley Addicks members now.

If you have not paid or are not a member you can pay on the night.

As this evening is also our AGM you may want to get your membership sorted out pre meeting as it will be pretty busy.

To do this you can send a cheque (made payable to CASC Bromley ) to the Membership Secretary, Tony Warran, 122 Kingsway, West Wickham, BR4 9JQ.  Please also enclose a S.A.E.

Subs are still just £5 for adults, £3 for over 60’s and free for children up to 18 in full time education.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tonight's the Night