Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:

Can you make it 1 day per move? That seems enough for most.

I am reluctant to do that. I don't want it to be too pressured. There are some days when I just don't feel like playing chess at all or just don't get the time to make any moves or don't have access to the internet. I think the remaining 6 players will effectively manage an average of more than one move a day whilst allowing for those days when they are unable or not in the mood to make any moves.
  • Options

Leuth and AddictsAdict please ignore the new games that have been automatically started by Chess.com now that our group has finished.

Only just seen this, wondered why we had a tournament of three.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Can you make it 1 day per move? That seems enough for most.

I'm just about to go on holiday for three days so one day per move ain't enough.
  • Options
    Fair enough, 2 days then! :wink:
  • Options
    Talal said:

Fair enough, 2 days then! :wink:

I think three days works well. As SE8 says, sometimes it's just not possible to devote the time needed. There's nothing to stop you organising another tournament for those who want to play faster.
  • Options
    One day imo, so that AA loses some
  • Options
    No it's fine I just presumed (wrongly) that people would prefer quicker games.
  • Options
    Leuth & AddictsAddick I thought I would cancel the my automatically generated matches from our group by withdrawing. Unfortunately I lost about 45 precious and hard won Chess.com ratings points! Your games between each other are still live. I think if one of you resign with only one move on the board it does not change the rating of either player. Alternatively you could just play the games out.
  • Options

Leuth & AddictsAddick I thought I would cancel the my automatically generated matches from our group by withdrawing. Unfortunately I lost about 45 precious and hard won Chess.com ratings points! Your games between each other are still live. I think if one of you resign with only one move on the board it does not change the rating of either player. Alternatively you could just play the games out.

@Leuth I'm happy to play it.
  • Options
    The top 3 in group 1 are:

AddictsAddick
    Red_in_se8
    Leuth

The top 3 in group 2 are

Talal
    CharenteAddick
    Johnnysummers5

I have created the final round and invited these 6 players to join.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah go on then. Getting beat a couple more times might make me a better player, who knows :P
  • Options
    I feel in a false position, a few very evenly matched players in group 2. Look forward to my spanking by AA.
  • Options
    If a few more players express an interest I could start another tournament involving sillav nitram, IdleHans and tkAthletic and any additional players.
  • Options
    I'd be in.
  • Options
    Been watching this since it got resurrected. I do love the game, but I don't have any time to play it at the moment. Literally not played since last time this was going round - probably about five years ago.
  • Options
    Just wanted to thank all those in my group who gave me a right good spanking, it was a pleasure to be spanked by you all;)
  • Options
    @Talal ........we are waiting for you to accept the invitation so we can start the final round.
  • Options
    Anyone else interested in a separate tournament along with IdleHans and sillav nitram? @sadiejane1981 ?
  • Options

@Talal ........we are waiting for you to accept the invitation so we can start the final round.

Sorry dude, done.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Sorry dude, done.
    Cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone else interested in a separate tournament along with IdleHans and sillav nitram? @sadiejane1981 ?

Go on then, count me in.
  • Options
    There's a lot of chess going on
  • Options
    Nothing to report in any of my games yet. Rogue tactics to a minimum. To be expected at this early stage
  • Options

Go on then, count me in.
    What is your chess.com username?
  • Options
    gaaaaah NEVER ACCEPT THE QUEEN'S GAMBIT
  • Options
    This might be my new favorite CL thread
  • Options

Go on then, count me in.
    What is your chess.com username?
    bilirubin

I never use the site, I play regularly on Gameknot with a rating of 1300-1350, however happy to log in and join in with you guys but I think Chess.com will show me as a 1200 rating?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

gaaaaah NEVER ACCEPT THE QUEEN'S GAMBIT

also, don't let someone fork your king and a piece. especially don't let them do it twice inside the opening ten moves
  • Options
    Some exciting games now. Have just had Red in SE8 on toast, but Charente Addick has me at his mercy in another one. And there's a game against Talal 2017 where I've just given him the chance to almost checkmate me.......but at what cost?
  • Options
    Talal goes for the boring 'exchange' variation of the Almost Checkmate Gambit