Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:

Sticking with the 3 theme... 33.

Jints said:

When is a new tournie likely to start? 48 btw silav

Oh well there you have it, young whipper snappers, that's why I keep losing;)
  • Options

Is playing Black a disadvantage?

I’m sure it’s not to those more skilled players but I’m not in that category and wondered if it was?

I’m not referring to our tournaments either because we have an opportunity to play both.

White has a slight advantage in having the first move but that can soon disappear.
  • Options

Well played QBCQBC

Thanks.
  • Options

I see there’s an article on the home page of Chess.com “How Can Older Players Improve?” maybe I should read it.

Not wishing to pry into your personal lives, oh alright I am but interested to know the ages of the players in this current tournament?

Clearly as one gets older then ones thinking capabilities presumably diminishes. I’m not using that as an excuse, just interested to know what mind ages I’m playing against.

I’m 63

I get my free TfL travel pass in March.
  • Options
    59, 60 on Monday
  • Options

59, 60 on Monday

Happy birthday for Monday.
  • Options

I see there’s an article on the home page of Chess.com “How Can Older Players Improve?” maybe I should read it.

Not wishing to pry into your personal lives, oh alright I am but interested to know the ages of the players in this current tournament?

Clearly as one gets older then ones thinking capabilities presumably diminishes. I’m not using that as an excuse, just interested to know what mind ages I’m playing against.

I’m 63

I get my free TfL travel pass in March.
    Bugger!
  • Options

59, 60 on Monday

Very Happy Birthday on Monday Mike.
  • Options
    Jints said:

The current one is still going but nearly finished. People may want a break before the next one, so not sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

Jints said:

The current one is still going but nearly finished. People may want a break before the next one, so not sure.
    I say bring it on
  • Options

Well played @charente addick

Thanks, for the most part you played well.

For the record I turn 60 in January. Hadn't played chess for a couple of years but the cogs are very slowly grinding into place, still too many blunders though particularly against Leuth for some reason.

Happy for another tourney when everyone else is.

• Options
    This feels like some sort of TV show

*turns to camera* I'm 30, and my bogey player is Johnnysummers5!
  • Options

59, 60 on Monday

Very Happy Birthday on Monday Mike.
    Thanks Johnny/Sillav, the wife is taking away to Seville for a week so looking forward to that.
  • Options
    Yh happy birthday for Monday Mike.

Interesting seeing the ages, thought you'd be older Leuth for some reason.
  • Options
    Must be my maturity and level-headed debating style
  • Options
    Damn and blast. Took my eye right off the ball there @sillav nitram. Shame, as that was an intriguing game up to my schoolboy errror.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    You had me under a lot of pressure for most of the game and I can’t believe I won that @IdleHans.

But that’s the frustrating thing, one mistake and the game can be over and don’t I know that.

You played very well, like a demented demon at times, have you been studying 101 best chess moves?

Good game and a relief, though I think you won on merit, phew!
  • Options
    Your graciousness in victory just makes it worse. (But thanks).

Right. Rematch!
  • Options
    ya did it, well done @IdleHans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was another cracking game, @sillav nitram . We might not be top drawer, but we're pretty evenly matched.
    Lots of long range positioning then a mad scramble at the finish. Many thanks.
  • Options
    Are we having a new tournament soon?
  • Options
    Ok. I will set one up later today and start sending the invites.
  • Options

Ok. I will set one up later today and start sending the invites.

Thank you for arranging it
  • Options
    Thanks for arranging the last one Red and I kind of enjoyed it however I do not like Chess.com as a site. I have completed all my games however I have shut my account down over there so count me out of any invites.

Good chess to you all, I am very active on Gameknot if anyone wants a game.
  • Options
    Don't forget me Red!
  • Options
    What is your Chess.com username?
  • Options

Thanks for arranging the last one Red and I kind of enjoyed it however I do not like Chess.com as a site. I have completed all my games however I have shut my account down over there so count me out of any invites.

What's so bad about it? It's just a chess board most of the time.
  • Options

What is your Chess.com username?

bilirubin
  • Options
    Talal said:

What's so bad about it? It's just a chess board most of the time.
    I cannot put my finger on it Talal, I know it sounds silly as it is just a chess board but I am a Gold, paid member over on Gameknot and have been so for as long as I can remember and I suppose I am just used to the site, the layout and the tools at my disposal while playing.

I had only played 2 x games on Chess.com before the CL Tournament and the whole experience seemed strange and not enjoyable.