Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ruben Bover

Saw the Welling game and he looked good and apparently he was class against Bristol.

Is he our next big thing? 

Comments

• Options
    where does he play? 
  • Options

if he has a great season and keep him for the championship and has another good year he valve will sore up! shelvey (3m) he'll be worth 5m+

• Options
    I hope so.  Thing is how long does he have?  And will he want to stay?
  • Options
    And what is the long story that SCP has talked about?
  • Options
    hes been here on trial since Jan, went on trial at QPR too and played for Kidderminster Harriers
  • Options
    Was in the Kiddy Harriers youth team but never played for the first team, according to mate of my Missus who is a Harriers ST Holder. He was at Halesowen town before we picked him up so on that basis we probably shouldn't get too excited just yet!
  • Options
    Was in the Kiddy Harriers youth team but never played for the first team, according to mate of my Missus who is a Harriers ST Holder. He was at Halesowen town before we picked him up so on that basis we probably shouldn't get too excited just yet!

It seems he was on the books of a Spanish team (Real Mallorca I think) but chose to come to the UK to further his education and look for a club here. He played for Halesowen and Kidderminster Harriers, presumably because he was based in that area. Looking at a couple of fans forums they seemed to think that he was too good for them, so he was keeping fit and then went on trial to QPR (and maybe who knows where else) and was taken on by us on an extended trial and then given something longer this season.
  • Options
    Thought he looked really good at keeping the ball ticking over against welling.

Great prospect.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Lets hope 

1.  He has a contract longer than 12 months
    2. Arsne Wenger does not take a fancy to him
    3. He continues to be boverred
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Lets hope 

1.  He has a contract longer than 12 months
    2. Arsne Wenger does not take a fancy to him
    3. He continues to be boverred
    Yes to all 3 Kap , 
    he could be the ideal replacement for Cesc Fabregas, have not got a problem with him being 'bigged up '
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if he has only got a years contract. The club said Pope had a 2 year deal but didn't say what Bover had.

Good start by him but still too early to judge. Davisson is also comfortable on the ball but got nowhere near the first team last season.

I doubt he'll even play in CM if he gets a chance in the first team. He also said he likes to play on the right even though he's left footed.

If he continues to impress he's got a decent chance of making the bench for the first game with Green suspended.
  • Options
    Good last point Scoham , will be interesting to see how he does , perhaps i saw things differently , but at times i thought he got 'out muscled' in centre Mid , but then other times he showed nice touches , so i don't know whether he's suitable for centre mid , or better on the wing?
  • Options

Started following him on Twitter when he joined the club. Genuinely wants the team to do well at all levels and has really taken the club to his heart. (well as genuine as twitter allows you to be).

Should fit in well here as QPR didnt take him on as he was too small :)

• Options

Started following him on Twitter when he joined the club. Genuinely wants the team to do well at all levels and has really taken the club to his heart. (well as genuine as twitter allows you to be).

Should fit in well here as QPR didnt take him on as he was too small :)

can't play full back then!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    think now is the time for the contract to be extended - can see him starting on the bench and playing his way into the team - there seems to be something about the lad - could be a biggy and we need him signed up as tightly as we can so we do get the mega bucks when the big boys take notice.
  • Options

All I know is that we need to get this lad signed up big time, I could not see anyone better than him in the midfield at Welling and it sounds as if he was even more impressive last night.

It was strange and rather nice when driving away from from Welling to see him walking home along the pavement with his boots in his hand. Nail him down CP.

• Options

Guys not wanting to be a kill joy. I went to the welling game, yes he did look ok on the ball, however it was against WELLING! He had so much time and got muscled off the ball quite a lot. I would love for him to go on to be a great player.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

But I do think this is so OTT.

Now Danny Green he looked the part!

• Options
    He has played 2 halves in pre-season friendlies
  • Options
    Just seen the Bristol highlights and he looks balanced and skilful  , whether he is strong enough for our league though, who knows?
  • Options

£5m? replacement for Fabregas? Calm down lads

I remember Moo2kil looking even better in a couple of friendlies and look what happened there.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    By the end of the week and all the bigging up on here, he'll be off to man city to replace tevez.
  • Options
    Swap deal involving Pique and Daivd Villa is on the cards I think
  • Options
    Swap deal involving Pique and Daivd Villa is on the cards I think
    shouldn't accept anything less than Messi
  • Options
    I have met him a couple of times as he has come to watch my sons football team play as he is lodging with one of the boys grandparents. He is a nice fella but his english is not perfect but he gets by!!
  • Options
    Bovver Boots.
  • Options
    What Robroy said.

People need to calm down.

Dont expect him to have many first team opportunities this year. He might even go out on a 5-6 month loan a la Parker to Norwich.
  • Options
    Hype isn't just on here. Had a look on IntoTheValley and Reams has said he is absolutely certain he will surpass Shelvey and become the new Scott Parker.
  • Options
    If we can tie him to a contract we may finally be in a position where we won't need to sell him cheaply...

Hopefully he can develop with us as we go through the leagues in the next few years...
  • Options
    bover looks very very good to me!! then i saw lee bowyer playing for the reserves as a 16 year old i said he would soon be in the first team!! and he was! ;-)
  • Options

I like Ruben and his attitude.

Lets see how it goes. If he keeps knocking on the door then Powell will give him a chance in the league soon enough.

That will be a real test for Ruben.

One that i'm confident he will do well in, but lets wait and see.