Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

would you prefere winning the league or winning play offs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Playoffs special occasion and great if you win but there is nothing better than being league champions
  • Options
    ...Parkinson was 15 minutes and one match away from doing something that might have even superseeded 1998, but that's life.
    I admire your optimism, but there's no way Parky could have superseded 1998.  If we'd have beaten the Spanners 5-0 at Wembley it would still have only meant getting into the second division.  1998, was about us as a club playing with the big boys.
  • Options
    A Great Example, Why I'd Rather Win The League Then Being In PlayOffs, Well Done Peterboro
  • Options
    win the league then logic suggests you're a better team although if it were guaranteed i'd take the play offs - what is football all about if not big days out at places like Wembley and the tension and drama of the semis - it's like the champions league for those who can never get there.
  • Options
    The phrase involving the words "beggars" and "choosers" comes to mind. I'll take promotion next year any way we can get it. If that means scraping into the play offs and finishing 30 points behind 3rd place then I really don't care - as long as we go up.
  • Options
    100% agree with you Off_it but for some I seem to recall aesthetic football was a parallel and even superior priority.

30 80odd minute onwards deflected 1-0's from a yard would do me.
  • Options
    ISLS, obviously if we storm the league playing a more sophisticated and aesthetic brand of football than Barcelona then I guess I could accept that. Can't really see Benson bagging 50+ goals though, but am supremely confident that McOxo can fulfill the Xavi role with ease.
  • Options
    I'd settle for a more sophisticated and aesthetic brand of football than, say, Exeter or Bournemouth.