Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• If done as a pre-season tournament this could be pretty swell.

Kent's answer to the Emirates cup.
  • Ahh brings back memories of a drunken trip to Canterbury City in the 90's :)
  • Hope we enter, could play our reserve team as Brighton do in the Sussex Senior Cup.
  • NO THANKS.
  • edited March 2011
    Jills and Maidstone Utd used to be in this back in the old Fourth Division days
  • Please god no....
  • Quite like this idea.

Probably be a bit more competitive than normal pre season games which would be good.
  • What have we got to do with Kent and was has Kent done for us?

It won't work as we have no reserve team!
  • We have been there and done that in the 60s....from memory we used to meet Millwall quite a few times in the Final
  • Paul Scally will not like our involvement!
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't we partake in the KSC in the 90's? I'm all for it if it give the fringe players extra playing time and an opportunity to impress.
  • We won it at Priestfield in 1995, day after Chandler and Bowyer made their debuts and Chandler scored in the first minute against a play off bound Reading

Kim Grant hat trick

Went into the board room afterwards to watch an enormously drunk Tony Smith (Gillingham chairman at the time) describe how he had a buyer for the club (Scally)
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]What have we got to do with Kent and was has Kent done for us?

It won't work as we have no reserve team!
    We do have a reserve team though. They play friendlies now instead of entering a league.
  • more derby shame no thanks.
  • All good as far as I'm concerned.

We're not in a reserve league so any reserve matches with a competitive edge must be of benefit. The Ebsfleets, Dovers, Wellings etc will take it seriously as they will think they can win it and there will be the added incentive of putting one over a league club and full time pros.
  • We took part in the kent cup in the 1970's which included Palace Millwall and Gillingham. Lots of trouble at all three games...
  • According to Colin Cameron's 'Home and Away' we played Millwall for the Kent County Challenge Cup almost every year from 1949 to 1967. We then beat Gillingham in '70 and '71 then, in '75 as VM says, we met Palace, Millwall and Gillingham on a mini-league basis and beat them all.
  • Sorry, I can't open the link at work.

Does this competition take place only during pre-season ?
  • Semi-Final Draw

31/3/11 Cray Wanderers v Bromley at Hayes Lane (Cray share with Bromley)

5/4/11 Ramsgate v Dartford
  • [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Sorry, I can't open the link at work.

Does this competition take place only during pre-season ?

KFA just floating the idea. Nothing concrete at all, they only invited us, Gills and Spanners and no one has accepted.
  • Sponsored links:

• It would be offputting to have Millwall hooligans in the tournament.
  • More derby shame no thanks.
  • why not ? Games with a competitive edge for the ressies can't do any harm.
  • [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Paul Scally will not like our involvement!
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]more derby shame no thanks.
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]More derby shame no thanks.

Three good reasons to get in amongst it - even though two of them are the same.
  • Cant see this happening. When SCP was asked about putting a team in a reserve league his response was something like "better to play one off games against decent sides when you want them rather than Bishop Stortford reserves in a legue match!"
  • Hope we join in.

It's time to assert our authority once more as the number one team in Kent!
  • So we are in for next season ... reserve team only?