Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

pardew comments

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
in the paper this morning he was jokingly commenting on the fact he hadn't much experience with playing in europe except for a "fried rice" italian cup with charlton.

what was that?

Comments

• Options
    He was talking about the anglo-italian cup that we played in , early 90's I suppose it was , Sooze
  • Options
    ancona, bari, did we play verona as well ?

don't get the fried rice bit though !
  • Options
    thats the bit that confused me!

sponsored by uncle ben's or sommat?!?
  • Options
    Perhaps he's thinking of Paella and the div does n't realise thats spanish , not Italian ? Maybe
  • Options
    oh dear
  • Options
    Did anyone else go to one of the away Anglo cup matches. I went to Brescia....good trip but the italian OB have a real attitude problem. If.....when we get into europe -proper, I will not be travellling to any italian matches!
  • Options
    one of my big regrets was i never went. Seemed a great trip.

A mate went down to wave a few off getting the coach, next thing he knew there had been a whip round, passport was collected and he was on the coach and away !
  • Options
    Perhaps he's been round Shaun Newton for too long.

I think it was in Garry Nelson's first book that whilst at the airport waiting to fly out for the Anglo/Italian Cup tie, Newton asked 'what part of Spain are we going to?'.
  • Options
    I think he's mixing his fried rice up with his risotto if you ask me!

Didn't we play Ascoli in the A/I cup as well?

And who can remember the Super Mario lookalike at the Valley?