Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miguel Llera

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Didn't get to the game, was elsewhere, but reading comments about our centre backs not having the
best games. With new management in, is it time for Miguel to be given another chance?

Comments

• Options
    I reckcon he might be out on loan soon.

Especially with Fortune match fit.
  • Options
    No, Doc is bad but Llera is no better. Llera cost us the reverse Exeter game and is just as much a liability.

Need a new CB, preferably with a bit of pace.
  • Options
    Still struggling to stomach the justice of a team that did so much to cost us promotion last year (blatant handball on the line not given with only a couple of minutes remaining at theirs last season) now doubling us this year! How unforgiving is football?
  • Options
    Please no
  • Options
    Blimey we must be getting desparate if we are talking about Llera.
  • Options
    Llera is not the answer ,as others have said many have short memories regarding big Mig.

I think we could try Fry in the centre or why not ask Wham for Jordan Spence as well ?

Orient fans I know rated him highly and he is very quick .
  • Options
    We need to produce a young(Richard Rufus)type centre back rather rapidly!! The individual and collective mistakes at the back are costing us too many points!
  • Options
    Why not play Solly or Jenkinson at RB and move Simon Francis into the middle, he has height and pace and has played there before. Failing that change the poorly functioning midfield and move Semedo to centre back.
  • Options
    Mambo should get a game reminds me a tad of micah richards
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Mambo should get a game reminds me a tad of micah richards

He had one at Shrewsbury - I was there - he made Doherty & Llera look world class !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Mambo should get a game reminds me a tad of micah richards

He had one at Shrewsbury - I was there - he made Doherty & Llera look world class !

I was there too and, sadly, CE is right - Mambo isn't ready yet.

Francis might be worth a try, but I'd be worried about his positional sense - lets face it what he does best is overlap the right midfielder and get crosses into to box, it's the defensive side of his game which has let him down so far.

From what we've got at the club, Fry would be the first one to try imo but ideally we need to try and get someone in on loan - easier said than done though.

We miss Sodje.
  • Options
    Sounds like he had a cracking game today :)
  • Options
    Secret agent - for every club he's left
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Sounds like he had a cracking game today :)

Yep he did, cheers Mig.
  • Options
    Thanks Llera for being so shit.
  • Options
    I think he played a big part in taking them up - so they ought to be a little bit grateful. For me, I always liked him - he always gave 100% and has ability, but is too slow for this level....and I doubt he is getting quicker.
  • Options
    A comment from Wednesday forum

Llera is done and has been for a while - it's getting to the point where it's a miracle if he doesn't give a goal away. He's lost the goalscoring and blocking aspects of his game that made up for him being a slow error prone centre half and his weaknesses have exacerbated.
  • Options

I think he played a big part in taking them up - so they ought to be a little bit grateful. For me, I always liked him - he always gave 100% and has ability, but is too slow for this level....and I doubt he is getting quicker.

Another good post by you, totally agree with that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Llera has always been shite, he got worse when he took that bang on the head though, the Sheila
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Llera wasn't as bad as some have made out . He was 30 when he joined us and was one of the slowest defenders I have ever seen . In League One he was at his level and I am staggered he has played 2 seasons in the Championship for the massives.

I think his Charlton reputation suffered because of the Colchester and Millwall games when he cost us dearly. To balance this who will ever forget the goal against Swindon on Boxing Day to give the 9 men a draw or the exquisite pass to Kyel Reid to score his last minute winner at Southend.

In a similar vein it is worth noting that he created Wednesday's first goal today.
  • Options
    I liked him at Charlton but his comments before the League one victory at Wednesday were totally classless.
  • Options
    Thanks Mig. Brilliant.

Sordell did ever so well, but he couldn't have done it without your help.
  • Options
    I wonder if the wendies still want Danny Green?
  • Options
    He is a very committed player and, offensively, is both good in the air and with his free kicks. He did alright for us and had a couple of good seasons at Wednesday.

It is, however, no coincidence that Spongefoot also had one of his best games of the season against Wednesday (and Leira) in the Cup. No doubt the lack of pace in central defence is something that Stuart Gray will be trying to address over the Summer.
  • Options
    I always saw him as a potential attacker rather than a defender, in fact yesterday he was credited with a number of assists up front. However the point is that we are going to move forward by boosting our Academy. I very much doubt that we will see many old-uns arriving in the future. Could it become Come On Young Reds ?
  • Options
    Can't believe the man has played two seasons at Championship level, I wonder how many goals he's given away in that time. I genuinely think all our four centre backs are better than him.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

I always saw him as a potential attacker rather than a defender, in fact yesterday he was credited with a number of assists up front. However the point is that we are going to move forward by boosting our Academy. I very much doubt that we will see many old-uns arriving in the future. Could it become Come On Young Reds ?

Think we'd probably get in trouble if we sung that....