Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell confirms interest in Hammers reserve boss

edited January 2011 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8817569.Powell_confirms_interest_in_Hammers_reserve_boss/

Comments

• Options
    After Googling Alex Dyers picture i can 99.9% (unless he has a twin) confirm that he was in the directors box on Saturday
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]After Googling Alex Dyers picture i can 99.9% (unless he has a twin) confirm that he was in the directors box on Saturday

Watching Matt Fry maybe ; - )
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yep he could be but he sat on the right not the left where most other scouts and club associates normally sit, He was sitting just behind Muzza
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Yep he could be but he sat on the right not the left where most other scouts and club associates normally sit, He was sitting just behind Muzza

Ex-player so gets extra privileges : - )
  • Options
    I think I saw him in there too NLA.
  • Options
    powell wouldn't want him if he didn't know him and. as he clearly does, i'm sure he wouldn't move for him unless he knows Dyer is up for it. Expect this to happen
  • Options
    I didn't see him there.
  • Options
    Football Rumours take on the situation

28 Jan 2011 15:22:08
    West Ham reserve team Coach Alex Dyer is growing frustrated by the Hammers refusal to allow him to speak to Charlton about their vacant Assistant Manager's role. New Addicks boss Chris Powell had made Dyer his no.1 target but now may turn his attention to Keith Burnkinshaw. Powell played under the former Spurs boss at Watford.
  • Options
    Alex Dyer was definitely there on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Keith Burkinshaw- Now there's a name from the past!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It looks like we've landed Alex Dyer from West Ham as one of their youth players has tweeted this tonight:

'All the best to reserve manager Alex Dyer. Sad to see him leave. Wishing him all the best in his new job.'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]It looks like we've landed Alex Dyer from West Ham as one of their youth players has tweeted this tonight:

'All the best to reserve manager Alex Dyer. Sad to see him leave. Wishing him all the best in his new job.'

Great scoop! Pleased as it seems Powell has got his number one choice.
  • Options
    Additional piece from KUMB:

Alex Dyer has left West Ham United to join Chris Powell at Charlton.

Powell replaced the sacked Phil Parkinson at the Valley earlier this month and only last week admitted that he was keen to bring United reserve team boss Dyer in to work as his assistant.

KUMB.com understands tonight that Dyer, having since been offered the position has elected to join Powell at Charlton - and will commence work with the League One club immediately.

A popular figure at Chadwell Heath, 45-year-old Dyer joined West Ham in 2004 when he worked alongside sports scientist Tony Strudwick, another of the backroom staff hired during Alan Pardew's spell as manager.

In 2007 he became conditioning coach but just a year later was appointed reserve team coach, a position he has held since.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Alex Dyer was definitely there on Saturday.

Indeed he was. Sporting a nice hat and was chatting to Varney at one point
  • Options
    It's on a few places on Twitter - great news
  • Options
    Was trying to look at a west ham fans site and on that site and others and there are headlines stating that dyer has now left west ham
  • Options
    So what's the mans credentials? What will he bring to the club in terms of football philosophy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ozaddick[/cite]So what's the mans credentials? What will he bring to the club in terms of football philosophy?

Not sure what his "style" is but a few Hammers fans I read were gutted as he'd been a key part of their "exceptional" reserves teams progress.

Powell apparently hand picked him and has subsequently got him and I trust his judgement so I'm delighted.

One thing I have read is he's a really really likeable guy
  • Options
    Good news, glad Powell has got his first choice.
  • Options
    Signed contract this morning according to my bloke... things looking up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought i read somewhere that hammers refused our approach for him? I can only assume this was either wrong or they've changed their minds?

If the latter, i can only assume that those 2 muppets that run wham got a decent compo payment.
  • Options
    One thing I have read is he's a really really likeable guy
    Yes, but so was Parky. That's him f****d then!! LOL
  • Options
    This is clearly someone Powell wants to work with if they've been chasing him all this time, he must be confident that Dyer's the man for the job. That's good enough for me, let's hope this goes through- then we can get back down to the business of actually playing football!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: thenewbie[/cite]This is clearly someone Powell wants to work with if they've been chasing him all this time, he must be confident that Dyer's the man for the job. That's good enough for me, let's hope this goes through- then we can get back down to the business of actually playing football!

And bringing in a couple of players tomorrow.
  • Options
    Good news as Powell has got his first choice. Also he has good coaching credentials and again will bring a fresh outlook.

Also Dyer will know Matt Fry well and may play a role in ensuring we can keep him till end of the season.
  • Options
    A couple of West Ham reserves/youth teamers heading our way?
  • Options
    So our manager and assistant manager both played for the Nigels ......interesting. CP played between 87 and 90, and AD between 88 and 90. Clearly they knew each other. For AD it was a little later in his career but for CP it was very early on. I am betting that they are good mates from back then. Important to have people that get along!
  • Options
    his Wiki page has already been updated that he is our assistant manager

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Dyer_(footballer_born_1965)>
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: petetheaddick[/cite]his Wiki page has already been updated that he is our assistant manager

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Dyer_(footballer_born_1965)>

Can't read anything into that though as anyone can update the pages on there
  • Options
    M_Fry90 Matthew Fry
    Should be Alex Dyers 1st day at #cafc tomorrow. Good coach and personality!