Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bring back Walton ??

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
with El Karkouri the only fit centre-half is it now the time to recall Walton from Ipswich. I'd rather see Faye in the middle with Pouso than as an emergency centre-half. As for left back, Youga or Ashton ? My worst fear would be ID switching Young to left-back and continuing with Kish at right-back. However, ID does seem the kind to give youth a chance so we may see Ashton or Youga. Thoughts ??

Comments

• Options
    from what i've seen of youga or ashton, neither are up to it yet.

i'd be Interested to know why its your worst fear. I personally see it as the sensible option if the current injured players don't make it.
  • Options
    don't rate Kish as a midfielder let alone a right back. Saw the Chelsea game on FootballFirst and thought Kish looked disinterested. Just my opinion. Plus we need to find out if Youga or Ashton are good enough but like you I think not. Things are certainly conspiring against ID but at least we don't seem to be lacking spirit but with Villa and Arsenal next up we need three points v Pompey.
  • Options
    i'd be more happy with a seasoned performer starting in a depleted team, than a rookie. Now is not the time for them. Both need to have a championship loan spell before any serious consideration.
  • Options
    I don't think Walton can be recalled untill January anyway...
  • Options
    So you would rather stick in an untried player when we already have a depleted defence than play two internationals (KIsh and Young) at full back.

Glad you're not the manager.
  • Options
    Your worst fear seams to be the rational solution!
    See a shrink!
  • Options
    I agree with LargeAddick. I wouldn't play Kish at right back, he's prone to costly mistakes at the best of times and I can't see Rommedahl giving him much protection.