Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today's AGM meeting

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Did anyone attend ?

Would be very interested in feedback from anyone who was.

Comments

• Options
    Bent's not going.

Murray is taking out an injunction against the owners of this site.

Dowie - negotiations still ongoing.

Reid - same deal as if he was first team coach

Mistakes made and lessons learned

Thatcher - type of player we will be signing from now own. Known, tried and trusted

Some good youngsters (this is said every year) and using our foreign connections to get EU license. Particulalry two youngsters from Ivory Coast and Bakary at GBA

Walton going out on loan

Pouso going

New midfielder coming in on loan

Bougy will stay if we go down

Pardew will stay if we go down

Amusing watching a Murray lackie run around with a microphone trying to support the Q&A session ;-)

Interest shown in a couple of our recent signings and are saleable assets

The "Sir Lennie Lawrence four rows" in the East Stand no going ahead for the forseeable

Not a word about HH until I heard it on Talksport on the way home!!!!
  • Options
    any more detail on pouso?
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Pouso is poo.

"I only thought how bad a deal this was when I signed his cheque today"

"He'll be going back to Uruaguay or wherever he came from in the summer"

Murray from the hip.
  • Options
    Bougherra, known tried and trusted???

Is that the same as all the young hungry British signings that Murray promised last summer.
  • Options
    so much for Dowie having Pouso watched !!! I remember distinctly him saying that after we signed him on loan. He must be poor if Murray said that......
  • Options
    You forgot the well known shareholder who said the board had become "arrogant" and asked why no one had replied to his letters about the street party (can you guess who it is yet?). RM wasn't that impressed and asked for a vote on who else thought he and the board were "arrogant". No one put their hand up.

Plus the traditional rambling non-question that I think was about zurich but I'm not sure.

Also Addickted is useless at crosswords.
  • Options
    oh he didnt did he??
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Oh yes he did. I was standing behind him at the time and felt like inflecting actual bodily harm by placing the mic where the sun don't shine.
  • Options
    any mention of Bolanos in Belgium?
  • Options
    No, don't think so. Addickted and I have been asked to do some scouting on Bakary in May but keep it hush, hush.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]oh he didnt did he??[/quote]

I got caught with his tirade in a pub in Nottingham. Today wasn't the right forum for petty greivances.

By the way, I think there is some arrogance at the Club and generally feel it is a "Premiership attitude" rather than a sea change of views by the Board. I thought Murray was a little unfair to ask the question - perhaps he would have been better to say he would look into it and promise to respond to a justifiable complaint by a long standing supporter of the Club.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Also Addickted is useless at crosswords.

Well if you must set clues that would make Stephen Hawkins struggle to answer due to being so obtuse that they're acute, then yes I'm useless at crosswords.

Now word search is a different matter altogether.
  • Options
    That might have been better response from murray but as you say the wrong time for it so probably just pissed Murray off.
  • Options
    perhaps in hindsight RM would agree about how he handled it. I just think that he didn't like being talked about in that way. It was a petty thing to bring up considering the quite legitimate criticisms you could make of the board and club this season.

Tell me why you think there is a "premiership attitude". Interested in your views, not threatening to kick you down the steps of Bartrams ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No, don't think so. Addickted and I have been asked to do some scouting on Bakary in May but keep it hush, hush.

Oh, I see.

I thought Reg wanted us to pick up a particularly tasty Belgian Bun from a bakery in Antwerp.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    That's code that is.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Is Pouso really that bad. If he's no-where near Prem quality, can't we farm him out till May to a lower division club??? You can't tell me he wouldn't walk into the likes of Leeds, Sheff. Weds. etc ???? Even if we paid 90% of his wages, it's still a saving for 20 weeks or whatever. If he's really THAT bad, pack him off to the Toolbox.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]perhaps in hindsight RM would agree about how he handled it. I just think that he didn't like being talked about in that way. It was a petty thing to bring up considering the quite legitimate criticisms you could make of the board and club this season.

Tell me why you think there is a "premiership attitude". Interested in your views, not threatening to kick you down the steps of Bartrams ;-)

I just think it's the way football has gone over the past 10 years or so. It's just sooooooo different to how it was. Not saying the old days were better, but I definetely feel the attitude to supporters has changed since the old Target 10,000 days, when our involvement was actively encouraged and wholeheartedly supported. We're a million miles away from the Back to the Valley Campaign and I though Murray's treatment of the beared wonder was actually a little bit 'arrogant'.

Surprised by the response of two former Charlton fans Directors views on ticket prices for next season should we go down - but the boy Everright put forward a good case - I hope Murray was listening.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted
    Surprised by the response of two former Charlton fans Directors views on ticket prices for next season should we go down - but the boy Everright put forward a good case - I hope Murray was listening.
    Are we allowed to know what these responses were???
  • Options
    any more comments on the reasons why Dowie was sacked ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any info on the east stand extension, south stand, new ground near bluewater, aeg interest ?
  • Options
    any comments on why the gits don't do a pre-season tour of Switzerland ?? Gits !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]any more comments on the reasons why Dowie was sacked ?

strangely the question wasn't asked.
  • Options
    Probably because he was taking us down?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted
    Surprised by the response of two former Charlton fans Directors views on ticket prices for next season should we go down - but the boy Everright put forward a good case - I hope Murray was listening.[/cite]
    [cite]
    Are we allowed to know what these responses were???[/cite]

When the question was asked should ST prices go down next season should we be in The Championship their hands went up quicker ferret down a rabbit hole.

RE quite rightly said that at 550 for a ST then you cannot really charge less than 25 for each game as ST holders would be losing out and at 25 a game, then the 'walk up' trade would be negligible.
  • Options
    Was the subject of Walton going back out on loan expanded upon ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Any info on the east stand extension, south stand, new ground near bluewater, aeg interest ?

East Stand on hold

JS Stand 'a dream'

Bluewater??????

AEG - interest at first but the kit man plumped for a Miela.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Any info on the east stand extension, south stand, new ground near bluewater, aeg interest ?

east stand yes, but when we can afford it.

JIMMY SEED stand (if Murray can get it right so can you Pete ;-) ) A long way off as so expensive.

Nothing on moving or AEG.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]Was the subject of Walton going back out on loan expanded upon ?

Just felt he wasn't ready yet (or the time wasn't right for him) and a loan was the best option for both parties.
  • Options
    any news on cheer leaders i.e 20 year olds - 25 year olds grrowlllll.