Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ferguson recalls preston players

Just read this http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/30/sir-alex-ferguson-darren-preston apparently MU have recalled two players and are trying to cancel a season long loan deal because Darren Ferguson was sacked. It beggars belief really.

Comments

• Options
    I am not very surprised.

Right or wrong the only reason Fergusson loaned three players to Preston was because his son was their manager. They can't have it both ways. They get perks because they appointed his son, they have to expect them to be taken back if they sack him.
  • Options
    True enough that he only loaned them because his son was there, but isn't it a little childish to try and break agreements, let alone with a club mostly owned by a good friend. I suppose for me its his belief that he (Ferguson) is above criticism or reproach. Is he still not talking to the BBC over the allegations regading his other son?
  • Options
    I would have done the same.
    Well within their rights to call the 2 back, but the other one has a different loan contract so might not be able to call him back.
  • Options
    Read the same article in the Guardian and it will tell you that Preston are five points from safety and could fold if they are relegated. Clearly, Ferguson Jnr was not doing the business and had to go. The fact that Ferguson Snr is a mate of the majority shareholder of Preston is immaterial.

The upshot of the sacking of Jnr is that Snr throws the rattle out of the pram and recalls the loan players. Childish, but not the first time.
  • Options
    I would think the players themselves are pretty hacked off at being recalled. I agree with Cordoban, a little childish and unprofessional. Also, a bit embarrassing for Darren Ferguson, having your dad 'sorting it out'.
  • Options
    Somewhat predictable I would have thought. Ferguson has always sent the message 'Dinnae mess wi ma fawk'. Why would he suddenly behave any differently?
  • Options
    I think where this becomes questionable is when you look at it from an individual perspective. If Sir agreed that the players could leave for Preston then it ought to have been because he saw a benefit to those players from getting first team football there. The fact that his son has been removed as manager shouldn't change that. If I owned Man U, I'd have to question whether my employee was acting in the best interest of the company, or using his position in the organisation for personal ends.
  • Options
    look at it another way. Fergie sent them on loan there because he thought they would get the right education under the then Preston manager and return to Utd as better players and individuals. That Manager is no longer and no one knows who the new Manager will be. That obviously concerns Fergie so he recalls them.

If you take out the fact the then Manager was his son it doesn't seem so childish.
  • Options
    Good luck to Fergie. The bloke is a legend. A absolute winner. Does things his way and gets results. Cross him at your peril.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]look at it another way. Fergie sent them on loan there because he thought they would get the right education under the then Preston manager and return to Utd as better players and individuals. That Manager is no longer and no one knows who the new Manager will be. That obviously concerns Fergie so he recalls them.

If you take out the fact the then Manager was his son it doesn't seem so childish.
    That's fair enough, but the new manager might be someone he very much approves of. It'd be fair enough if he'd waited for the appointment and then made the decision based on some kind of rationale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it is wrong on a number of levels; breaking agreements, personal arrogance, not letting your children fight their own battles, restricting the development of players, possibly helping PNE to the detriment of other teams, (club)arrogance.

So he's miffed his son got the sack and he has the right to bring two of his players back early (wouldn't it have been better to do that after the final two games of their loan). I think his actions are inexcusable, and have probably damaged his sons future employability.
  • Options
    Considering Preston are struggling then I don't suppose these loan players were doing a great job anyway.
  • Options
    Just 3 words for Fergie....miserable old git .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Just 3 words for Fergie....miserable old git .

Are you suggesting our very own MOG should intervene in some capacity?
  • Options
    Ferguson's great! I love the audacity of the man for doing this, he really doesn't give one!
  • Options
    If there was ever a manager who could do this then its Fergie.
  • Options
    why shouldnt he recall them? It was a favour to his sons club, preston then terminate the contract of darren, therefore they are effectively terminating their loan link with united. i would have done the same if i was Sir Alex.
  • Options
    I suppose when you have the arrogance to believe you are a 'law unto yourself'', you can act on any emotional kneejerk impulse.

Unprofessional.
  • Options
    surely undermines Darren's standing as a manager in his own right
  • Options
    Just been on the news that Pulis has pulled Stoke's loanees from Preston as well!

Is the loan system there to allow young players get experience at the right club, or just to give out favours for friends and family?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    typical sweaty
  • Options
    Well said, Oggy.

BTW there's only one MOG....
  • Options
    Was obviously going to happen and as for his being a friend of the club's owner - remember when he sued his mate because he was required to pay to keep the race horse he was given for free??

As for the players I expect they will go straight back out on loan somewhere else.

And this would not be the first time a loan club has been treated badly by the loaning club, remember Bouazza?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Managers are very fussy where they send their young players to get experience.Generally the top sides will only send theirs where they feel happy they will get looked after properly so if there is a change of management its not surprising Fergie and Pulis have done this.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: richie8[/cite]Managers are very fussy where they send their young players to get experience.Generally the top sides will only send theirs where they feel happy they will get looked after properly so if there is a change of management its not surprising Fergie and Pulis have done this.[/quote]

Surely clubs look at the overall set-up of the club though - level the club plays at, training ground, medical facilities etc, not just who's in charge? Carson went through 3 managers during his season at Charlton but Liverpool seemed happy to leave him here.

Looks like a definite toys out of prams moment to me, not a footballing decision.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I suppose when you have the arrogance to believe you are a 'law unto yourself'', you can act on any emotional kneejerk impulse.

Unprofessional.

What a load of crap! Totally PROFESSIONAL I'd say. Let everyone else in your business know that you're the Daddy and you don't get f**ked with.
    That's why he's top of tree and has been for a mere 24 years or so.

Football in this country goes downhill when Fergie finally calls it a day.
  • Options
    Its not as if they were exactly setting the world alight with their loanees. Recipe for relegation filling a side with loan players so I hear
  • Options
    Get on the phone Parky, we'll have them!
  • Options
    spot on Chirpy Red, i agree 100%
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered_End_Lad[/cite]spot on Chirpy Red, i agree 100%

No Oggy is the one who is spot on.