Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Five kids called up for tommorrow

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
bit surprised that Popo was called up ahead of Azeez but he did score a good goal but Azzez was more impressive. Harriott, Warren, Cousins and the centre-half whose name escapes me were also called-up.

Comments

• I've got a feeling in my water that Popo is going to turn out to be a very good natural goalscorer, I just hope that we can keep Damian Matthews and bring through these excellent youngsters.
  • Cousins may be on the bench as we are short of CBs, nice to think we may be able to afford to give him and one other player their debut with 15-20mins left.

Harriot has been on the bench before, and with Lee Martin out, am guessing he is likely to be there again. Not sure about Popo as we have 4 fit strikers, but he has scored plenty (albeit a few pens) for the youth sides so he may get an opportunity.
  • Start Popo up with Benson!
  • Popo isn't ready to start.quick and fairly strong but does have a knack of scoring
    Azeez is very raw indeed but immensely strong, lightning fast and has elastic legs. When in full flight he's pretty imposing

Harriott could do some damage and plays without fear. Superb pace and a vicious left foot

Warren is a box to box player. When I've seen him he's been tidy but doesn't mind a tackle. Good long range shooting

Cousins reminds me of a young Rio - thankfully minus the ducks face :-) calm composed and a proper footballers brain. Could maybe do with gaining a few pounds

Osbourne - I'm really excited by him. Good speed, committed, good brain and pretty physical. Considering he's a fort year scholar I think we have someone very special there. Reminds me a bit of Des Walker to look at and played pretty much the same
  • How old are they?
  • Cousins, Osborne and Harriott are first years, 16/17, Warren and Popo second years 17/18.
  • I expect Cousins and Harriott to make the bench, tops. Osborne is one for the future as well, if he keeps his progress going.
  • I hope we dont flood the squad with too much youth... we need to win this one..

Cash, dollars, money at the other end of this if we get lucky.. also would be good to play some other teams that are from a higher division even if we dont get a glamout tie...

Actually excited about the cup for the first time in years , IF we get though this one...
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]I hope we dont flood the squad with too much youth... we need to win this one..
    After what happened when Pardew played Wagstaff too early I'm sure Parky won't make that mistake.
  • I think Parkie has said he see's the third round as a way of funding future loans if needed so I expect that the yoof are getting a taster to inspire and motivate them for the future