Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trevor Brennan

Anyone got any links showing this egg chaser doing his Cantona?

Comments

• Options
    Sounds a lot worse than Cantona. Cantona snapped as he got a mouthful of abuse as he went off.

This nut case was giving it the bigun to the crowd in a good humoured way a few of them say how his Bar in toulouse is bollocks, he walks up into the stand pushes the guy into his seat and lays 6 punches in his face. 18 stone 6ft 6in of headcase then gets pulled off finishes his warm up and goes on as a sub 3 minutes later he's sent off the pitch for fighting! I expect he'll get a life ban...
  • Options
    Irish forward Trevor Brennan will be staunchly defended by his club after his punch-up with an Ulster fan on Sunday, with the French giants urging ERC to investigate the Ulster fans' behaviour.

Brennan was involved in the altercation while warming up during the match, and threw at least one punch to a fan in the Ulster section, leaving him requiring hospital treatment.

Brennan was swiftly yellow-carded after coming on as a substitute, and did not return to the pitch when his ten minutes were up, with Gregory Lamboley going on instead.

Ulster confirmed they had asked ERC, the Heineken Cup's governing body, to look both at the incident with the spectator and an on-field exchange with Ulster lock Justin Harrison which saw both players sent to the bin.

But the French club have now come out to defend their player, who they claim was the subject of unacceptable abuse while warming up as a replacement.

"The supporters were clearly over-excited and began chanting, 'Brennan, your mother is a whore'," the club said.

"Brennan approached this group and was showered with beer. The main gathering of Ulster supporters, who displayed exemplary sportsmanship, intervened between the group and Brennan, advising the player not to pay any attention.

"Brennan resumed his warm-up routine, but one member of the group began provoking him again. That was the point at which Brennan had his altercation.

"This is the first incident of this kind in our experience. Trevor is a generous player who has always respected his opponents and their supporters.

"It required sustained and repeated provocation to make him react in an unacceptable, but understandably human way.

"It is words and attitudes that cause the deepest wounds and we ask everyone to be aware of this, so that this remains an isolated incident in a sport that has always placed an emphasis on the values of friendship and camaraderie.

"Such supporters do not have a place in the sporting world, let alone in a rugby stadium. It falls to everyone to take their responsibilities seriously and we ask the organisers of the competition to instigate an inquiry into the behaviour of certain Ulster supporters," the club concluded.

The ERC have, meanwhile, confirmed that a disciplinary investigation is underway, as they look to get to the bottom of the complaints.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    A picture speaks a thousand words!
  • Options
    Disgusting. It just shows what a morally bankrupt game rugby is. Overpaid professionals with no self control setting a poor example to children who see them as role models and filthy mouthed "fans" who hide in a crowd and abuse people like that. No wonder the England rugby team can never win. A thugs game played by thugs.

I shall be boycotting rugby from now on.
  • Options
    mental really
  • Options
    get that tongue out of your cheek henry!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]get that tongue out of your cheek henry!

I'm serious. Can't stand the game but especially its stuck up, holier than thou attitude to its richer, better cousin
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Is that Darren Ambrose in the Santa hat?
  • Options
    "stuck up, holier than thou attitude to its richer, better cousin"

I 100% agree with the above, and i enjoy the old egg chasing... Rugby is in many cases far worse than those that follow it make it out; Rugby has diving, feigning injury, fighting with fans and each other, deliberate attempts to take players out of the game, cheating. Can any one else remember the time that two professional football sides had a punch up in a local bar after a European cup game?!

If Rugby came under as close scrutany in the Media as football they're would be all hell to pay...
  • Options
    I disagree, Rubgy is a more honest game than football is many respects.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Far more honest sport on the pitch, and can we stop saying Rugby, and say it's either Rugby League or Rugby Union, huge differences in the sport and the cultures of the games
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SpongeBob[/cite]I disagree, Rubgy is a more honest game than football is many respects.

Such as honestly attacking fans, gouging each other's eys in an honest way, honestly stamping and raking each others heads, honestly fixing matches (Hanse Cronjie)?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SpongeBob[/cite]I disagree, Rubgy is a more honest game than football is many respects.

Such as honestly attacking fans, gouging each other's eys in an honest way, honestly stamping and raking each others heads, honestly fixing matches (Hanse Cronjie)?

Wasnt he a cricketer?
  • Options

i hate to say this tho henners, hansie cronje is/was a cricketer
  • Options
    Hanse Cronjie was a cricketer.

You know the physical side of the game, just deal with it, especially in Union
  • Options
    Wasn't that cricket?.Just a few names to disturb your arguement-Cantona, Thatcher,Ronaldo.
  • Options
    see that hansie cronje, i think he was cricketer, just in case like!
  • Options
    South African and they play alot of rugby so guilty anyway. ;- ) who was it that fixed the rugby games.

Cantona - far less than this Trever guy has just done. Thatcher's tackle would be allowed or at worst a sin bin in rugby, ronaldo winked. No idea if that is allowed in rugby but as sticking your finger up someones rectum is "all part of the game" in rugby (league/union who cares) I doubt it.
  • Options
    Thacthers tackle would have seen him red carded and out for a long while in both codes
  • Options
    surely you can let off our Eric C as he was only doing what someone should do every week at sellh*rst, kick the granny out of there 'fans'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    by the way, if fans give it out, they should expect it back.

Nothing annoys me more then fans who dish it out, and the first time a player reacts, whine to the police
  • Options
    In what respects Spongebob? The officials are perhaps more respected, thats pretty much it there are plenty of other areas where Football holds the more 'honest' ground.

As said i consider myself a big rugby fan but to call it more 'honest' than football is wrong. I can give plenty of examples where the sports are very similar where there are similar wrongdoings and if anything i can give more examples of good footballers giving something back than i can Rugby players.
  • Options
    Well, you can drink beer while watching the game without fear of getting your head kicked in by rival supporters.
  • Options
    Honesty in how you deal with oppents, no diving when someone hits you, no mouthing off at refs, no acting like a prima donna.

Both codes have there dodgy moments, but the idea that football has a moral high ground is stupid
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite] I can give plenty of examples where the sports are very similar where there are similar wrongdoings and if anything i can give more examples of good footballers giving something back than i can Rugby players.

because the majority of footballers have roots, and sorry to generalise here, the only roots the rugby players have are those of country mansions and caviar
  • Options
    hehe, nothing like a stereotype, what roots do most Rugby League players have?
  • Options
    Phil Vickery does sound like a Lord of the Manor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SpongeBob[/cite]Well, you can drink beer while watching the game without fear of getting your head kicked in by rival supporters.

Not true. Lots of trouble at league games and some union games as well. another myth of rugby. You can drink and watch football up and down the country. I do it at Bromley who get the same sort of crowds as most big rugby clubs of both codes.

Not claiming any moral high ground just pointing out that rugby which so often does has not right to it as this incident shows. That incident at a football ground would have brought the reaction, and worse, that I was parodying. THe double standard is that Rooney is slated for chewing gum but rugby players can rake each other but that's OK cos they all drink aftershave in the bar afterwards
  • Options
    I mean, Frank Lampard being a public school boy isn't an issue
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SpongeBob[/cite]Well, you can drink beer while watching the game without fear of getting your head kicked in by rival supporters.

Not true. Lots of trouble at league games and some union games as well. another myth of rugby. You can drink and watch football up and down the country. I do it at Bromley who get the same sort of crowds as most big rugby clubs of both codes.

Not claiming any moral high ground just pointing out that rugby which so often does has not right to it as this incident shows. That incident at a football ground would have brought the reaction, and worse, that I was parodying. THe double standard is that Rooney is slated for chewing gum but rugby players can rake each other but that's OK cos they all drink aftershave in the bar afterwards

Rubbish, were is there loads of trouble at Rugby League games? the odd bit of trouble in Hull, but I don't see running battles at Saints v Wigan games, and I've never seen it at a union game. I have seen crowd trouble at Bromley though.

What's Bromley's average gate? What's Wasps, St Helens, Sales and Leicester average gates?