Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton U18s 1-1 Blackburn U18s

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36483

Comments

• Options
    nadou, did you go ?

good game ?
  • Options
    What's the difference between NewsShopper and newshoppersport?
  • Options
    One has the word 'sport' on the end.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]nadou, did you go ?

good game ?
    No, couldn't make it unfortunately. We had guests staying for the weekend and I'd already dragooned them into coming to the Oldham game so I didn't feel I could inflict the U18 game on them, too!
  • Options
    I went along to the game, which was decent. Blackburn clearly came down to win and they hit the woodwork several times, before taking the lead through a penalty. Charlton came back well and could have won it at the death. The 18's are looking good - I have seen the play a couple of times this season and we have some good prospects in the team. Let's just hope they are not poached, as in previous seasons.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PaulCAFC[/cite]I went along to the game, which was decent. Blackburn clearly came down to win and they hit the woodwork several times, before taking the lead through a penalty. Charlton came back well and could have won it at the death. The 18's are looking good - I have seen the play a couple of times this season and we have some good prospects in the team. Let's just hope they are not poached, as in previous seasons.
    Who were the stand out players for us?
  • Options
    I went.

Standouts for me,
    Connor Morris. He moved in to the midfield late on and still looked comfortable. He's a really good talker and organiser.
    Jordan Cousins looked good despite being a 1st year. Very assured and comfortable on the ball. Very much like Rio but hopefully less of a twat.
    Freddie Warren the star of the show for me. Tough tackling, good blocks, decent size and lots of energy in the centre of midfield.

Callum Harriot played left wing and could be useful but needs to sort his decision making out a bit - everything was 100mph

The other centre half was okay but again a first year and looked very slow in comparison to their strikers. Some good positioning though

I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to get to a few more of their games this season. Had a nice chat with a chap from the FA who was watching Connor Morris and Jordan Cousins and also got chatting to a scout but he wouldn't tell me who he represented. Very knowledgeable on CAFC though so maybe one of our own!
  • Options
    Thanks for that Swisdom.

A winger that looked useful but needs to improve his decision making. Nothing surprising there, especially for a 16 year old.

How did Sho-Silva do, the other winger? He's only an u16 and played (and scored) for the u18s last season as an u15.
  • Options
    Silva (sorry, Sho-Silva) had a similar game where he looked dangerous at times but failed to add much more than that, and the penalty foul was a little foolish.

Agreed with Swisdom about Morris and Warren, great commanding performances from both which granted the side several lengthy spells of good fluid possession.

Popo also excellent too with his link-up play but had little cutting edge in the final third. The goals will come from him I feel, as he's been pretty prolific in pre-season.

Cousins looked below par early on but grew into the game as his usual self and made a superb block at the end. Came close to scoring on a couple of occasions as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Thanks for that Swisdom.

A winger that looked useful but needs to improve his decision making. Nothing surprising there, especially for a 16 year old.

How did Sho-Silva do, the other winger? He's only an u16 and played (and scored) for the u18s last season as an u15.

Silva was alright - nothing outstanding but nothing awful.

I had high hopes for Popo but he looked to be trying too hard and his first touch let him down. Very mobile though, would like to think he'll be a great talent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Were Blackburn a lot more physical than Charlton?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]What's the difference between NewsShopper and newshoppersport?

Probably about £6k a year !
  • Options
    Not particularly Paddy7 - though they were better conditioned and had a lot of chances following spells of Charlton possession almost as if biding their time in each half for the Addicks to tire.

They also only used one sub late on and tbh, only needed to use one if that.

I'll be trying to make as many youth games as possible this season, and when I am I'll be posting live updates on my twitter account (liamhappe).
  • Options
    Not really too physical from either side. Don't really see that our midfield was that strong - they backed off everytime Blackburn came forward - hence the amount of shots at goal they had. Strikers, defenders and the keeper all did well.