Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Back from the game it was much better

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
We looked much more like the side that could go away and grind out a result.
It was pretty much end to end stuff in the second half, but I thought we looked more threatening, and we created quite a few chances before the goal that just never quite came to anything.
And a vital save from Carson right at the end.....
Thatcher got some stick, but Pompey did not get after him quite as much as I thought they would, and he was pretty solid IMO.
Thought Hughes had a good game, as did Holland in the middle.
Romm and Matty had a few words over a short pass, think Matty made it plain that Dennis could go forth and multiply :)
Romm was tearing them apart down the right in the second half, and prob should have shot earlier at one point, but hey we got the one that counted.
But that was a performance that seemed more organised and determined.
Now it's time for some alcohol :)

Comments

• Options
    Good stuff,Pards said Thatchers performance was 1 of the best he's seen from a left back for a very long time,was he that good?Who was our best player?
  • Options
    I'd probably go for Matty. Seemed to be everywhere.
  • Options
    i think that's the one key thing to pick up out of this, we looked a lot more organised.

Excellent confidence boost going into Bolton, if we can frustrate them for the first half, the same thing might happen again....