Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What If Simon Jordan Purchased Charlton?

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Following on from the other thread, heres a little debate for you.

If RM received a very good offer for the club from Simon Jordan and the offer was accepted

1. Would you still attend matches/support the club?
2. Be concerned that he was going to run the club into the ground?
3. Do you think RM would sell to Simon Jordan? Remember this is a business and everything has a price to a seller

Comments

• Options
    1 and 2 are academic because 3 wouldn't happen
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jpb Junior[/cite]1 and 2 are academic because 3 wouldn't happen

Im just playing devils advocate, go with it :)

Ok, if your business had some financial problems, you had recently had an operation, were looking to retire and your rival from the next town offered you more than the asking price for your business (he was the only bidder) you are saying you wouldn't sell in case it upset your customers.
  • Options
    Would rather Osama Bin Laden bought us and turned sparrows lane into an Al- Quaeda training camp than Jordon have ANY involvement in our club.
  • Options
    Dont know if Richard Murray is religious, but I'm almost 100% certain either way he wouldnt sell his soul to the devil.

I could seriously see myself not going if it ever happened.

Academic as Tango man is skint anyway.
  • Options
    Seriously what a pointless thread!! Any Charlton fan who would want Simon Jordan to have any involement with the club has got to be a nutter.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]Seriously what a pointless thread!! Any Charlton fan who would want Simon Jordan to have any involement with the club has got to be a nutter.

Have to disagree its not pointless, however far fetched it is....nothings impossible.

May i add I would never want the maniac anywhere near CAFC, I was just interested in what reaction it would evoke
  • Options
    How long would it take to paint 27,111 seats orange...?
  • Options
    Every business has its price so it is of course possible however improbable.

and I don't really think he would buy it to run it into the ground.

So A I'd go but I wouldn't like it.

And the price of bacon would go up.
  • Options
    simon jordan seems to always buy charlton on football manager 10 haha
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, every business has it's price.
    And the purpose of buying a business is to make money.

Assuming Simon Jordan hypothetically could purchase the club, he could just asset strip it.
    But he would also have purchased it's debts also. So that's one strategy that could end up working against him.

I can't seem him even wanting to be responsible for the future of CAFC.
    And I can't see him buying the club just to destroy it, because it would cost him money he wouldn't want to lose, to do that.

Murray has often stated that the club continues to look for a buyer, but will sell only to the buyer that has the best interests of Charlton at heart.

RM would rather hold the reins himself as long as possible, rather than do business with Jordan.
    So as suggested already, Murray wouldn't sell to Jordan. He just wouldn't!

So, sorry, Choicey ....... the debate is dead in the water!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simon Jordan is finished with football I think he said. The John Bostock thing upset him too much.
  • Options
    my heart would say yes i would still go

my head would say not a chance
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]RM would rather hold the reins himself as long as possible, rather than do business with Jordan.
    So as suggested already, Murray wouldn't sell to Jordan. He just wouldn't!

Id like to think that.
  • Options
    After what Jordan supposedly said to Richard Murray a few years back it is totally and utterly ridiculous to suppose that he would even talk to him let alone do business with him.
  • Options
    I heard that they had a good talk and are now mates and that Jordan has helped Murray to take sole control so anything is possible. Even me and my ex wife now talk nicely to each other never thought that would happen either.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcinperth[/cite]Even me and my ex wife now talk nicely to each other never thought that would happen either.

Bet you didn't when you were married!

;o)
  • Options
    I'd keep coming and supporting Charlton whoever was in charge, coz they're not here forever.
    How about a song for the new chairman? Orange field (Bob Dylan), Agent Orange (Tori Amos)
  • Options
    Jordan can't even afford to buy a Charlton kit, let alone the whole Club.
  • Options
    He is the sort of bloke to stir it up, it wouldn't surprize me if he's thought about it. He would probably do what he did to noades on getting the lease of sellhurst and get someone else to purchess then gloat in a press conference how he pulled the wool over everyones eyes. I would still go as its our charlton not murrays, gilkstien or whoever claims ownership.
  • Options
    The post was about the likleyhood of this happening but what would you do. Try thinking what if Murray sold to someone you didn't like (or could be 2/3 buyers down the line.

I would still attend matches but would do as the Man U fans do and express dissatisfaction in other ways
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2010
    1.Yes
    2.Yes
    3.No

Please you orange w@nker stay out of our club your not welcome
  • Options
    I think it's fair to say Jordan achieved nothing of merit at all in his time with the Nigel's, they had 1 whole season in the top division but that was the glazier's in the top flight blip that seems to occur every 8 years or so and always for 1 whole season, so they could have done that without him in theory. He could offer nothing to us and wouldn't even if he could(which we wouldn't want him too anyway).
  • Options
    I don't think it would happen, but the alternative scenario could be that Murray sells to a consortium who promise to honour the spirit of the club, renege and sell to a consortium headed by Jordan.

I would continue to support Charlton and go, as I support Charlton not the chairman. It would not stop me booing Jordan, unless he put a wedge into the club that pushed us up the Championship.
  • Options
    I would always go I believe. (However, it would surely never happen - it would have to be the last and only option to survive)
  • Options
    I wouldn't be happy, he has a history of leading clubs into administration
  • Options
    Simon "Orange twat" Jordan buying my beloved CAFC ? google - flame throwers for sale !
  • Options
    Murray has got a real mad-on for Jordan, so i doubt he would sell to him.

if he did, it wouldn't stop me supporting the club.
  • Options
    Isn't he a palarse fan??? Why would he invest any possible money he may have in us and let his own club flirt with extinction?

Can't see tangoman being interested, can't see Murray entertaining the idea either, knowing the uproar it will undoubtedly cause. Regardless of the fact that some fans will accept anybody's money to save our club, there will be a large amount that will strongly oppose it.

FTR - It wouldn't stop my support. However, IMO it would continue this mad (downwards) roller-coaster ride we've been on for 4-5 years!
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Jordan can't even afford to buy a Charlton kit, let alone the whole Club.
    Simon can now apparently as RD is giving CAFC for free...
  • Options
    Besides what he said today, he is still the ultimate Nigel of the highest order. Just no.