Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

3 dead in storms in UK

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Alwful weather across the UK, bloody windy in sidcup aswell. Bloke in office who lives near halfway street says most of the tiles on peoples roofs are on the road!

Comments

• Options
    the restuarant i just had lunch in was moving, i watched the glass go in and out. strange.
  • Options
    Just drove to my Ma's for some lunch (warmed up shpperds pie from last nights dinner, lovely) and the school in charlton called fosdene has had part of its roof blown off, old bill everywhere, the roof landed in some poor gits garden on the car! The winds are very strong! Apparently the tubes are all over the gaff! so beware anyone commuting home.
  • Options
    We have had a one power cut in the office today in Faversham so far today, expecting another at any time.
  • Options
    I love power cuts, but they never happen to me at work, only at home and at night when they are rubbish! Once last year, my work had a power cut whilst i was on lunch, just as i got back it came back on! All the others were doing nowt for an hour and i was on lunch, they got 2 hours for unch and i got 1! Typical! Pah
  • Options
    On the 41st floor at Canary Wharf and you can feel the building swaying .
  • Options
    I'm at home today, just tried to put the wheely bins back up... and gave up because it wasn't worth the effort!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    a massive tree in finsbury sq has ripped in 2 & fallen on 2 BMW's smashing the windscreen on 1 & ripping thru the soft top on the other...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]a massive tree in finsbury sq has ripped in 2 & fallen on 2 BMW's smashing the windscreen on 1 & ripping thru the soft top on the other...

lol
  • Options
    A window just been ripped out of a building in Red Lion St wc2 as it was left open by the occupants. very luck not to hit someone
  • Options
    And the roof has blown off the indoor cricket school at Lords . At least we won't have to worry about anything like that on Saturday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a massive tree in finsbury sq has ripped in 2 & fallen on 2 BMW's smashing the windscreen

So it's not all bad news?
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    i did laugh when i walked past it earlier
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]Bloke in office who lives near halfway street says most of the tiles on peoples roofs are on the road!

I hope Smudge is reading this!
  • Options
    7 dead now. 1987 re visited.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6272193.stm
  • Options
    do i get a day off school tomorrow ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]do i get a day off school tomorrow ??

great day off school that
  • Options
    brilliant day off work. went on an all dayer down the camden then staggered round to the Drayman where Robbie Vincent was guest DJ that night... i seem to remember vaguely abusing him. i think it was robbie vincent, that rings a bell for some reason.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]brilliant day off work. went on an all dayer down the camden then staggered round to the Drayman where Robbie Vincent was guest DJ that night... i seem to remember vaguely abusing him. i think it was robbie vincent, that rings a bell for some reason.

not changed much in 20 years, B? :o)
  • Options
    ha ha, no, 1987 the year i started work and it all went pete tong from then on in!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2007
    some poor kid crushed by a wall in Kentish Town
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got home and haven't got a fence anymore the whole street looking straight into my garden.F**kin happy days.