Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goalies

MCSMCS
edited January 2007 in Other Football and Sports
Sounds like we could have goalie trials on its own! TO find out which one is bestest like! (it wouldnt be me, i can say that for sure!)

Comments

• Options
    In my day I was a contender..........................

*1905 leans back and remembers the glory years"

*1905 just remembered some horror shows and quickly gets on with his work.........*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]In my day I was a contender..........................

*1905 leans back and remembers the glory years"

*1905 just remembered some horror shows and quickly gets on with his work.........*

How on Earth did anyone manage to squeeze the ball between you and the post? Did you ever get lobbed? ;-)
  • Options
    The only reason goalies became goalies (not heard that word for ages, what a fantastic word it is) is because they were crap at football, FACT.

Last to be picked? Get between the jumpers sonny.
  • Options
    CharltonDan - at times my positioning was of a Sasha standard and left me totally exposed to a flick over the top.

Mortain - I am afraid that there is some truth in what you say ..................
  • Options
    i am a stop gap keeper not by chance. played a couple of times for CIFC in goal - not my position though
  • Options
    Agree to some extent Mortain but the pleasure you get from diving at the feet at some jumped up, 'i'm the bees knees " forward and taking the ball off him on a one to one cannot be beaten, even scoring (memories !) .

The look on their face when this old git gets there first is worth thousands.

(Next time they go round me and score !!0
  • Options
    Being a goalkeeper isn't as easy as people like to make out.

Most goalkeepers could do a job at right back if needed, but rare outfield players can be in goal!!!
  • Options
    Funnily enough tom, when i hung up the gloves cos i was crap, i played my first (and only proper game) out field game at right back! Had a fight, dived at someones feet who had just skinned me on the wing, the bloke i had a fight with eventually got sent off, clearly a nutter he was as every time i got the ball he tried to kill me! Had another fight with this doughnut after the game too! Lost the fight! No change there then!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]The only reason goalies became goalies (not heard that word for ages, what a fantastic word it is) is because they were crap at football, FACT.

Last to be picked? Get between the jumpers sonny.

I'd like to think that myself and Steve Brown were exceptions to that.

I have played in most positions when asked, but was a striker by trade. I also however played Gaelic Football which meant that I had to be able to catch the ball under pressure, which is why I was roped into goalkeeping.

One truth that connects all three roles, is that you have to be barking mad!