Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday League Footie Tours

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
On the subject of Sunday football and that..

Where has everyone been on footie tours with thier club.

Went Belgium last year and going on a 6 day trip to San Marino this July. Can't wait!

Comments

• Options
    Went to Guernsey, France and Ireland on Footy tours.

Guernsey was a good tour and we played some good competitive games - won all three.

In Ireland we played a mix of Waterford first teamers and locals and got slaughtered. Didnt care the hospitality was second to none.

Played a team in Paris under floodlights and were well beaten - they actually charged people to get in and there were a couple of hundred. All very embarassing.

Played a civil service tournament in Paris. Beat Germany 2-1 lost to Hungary 3-1.
  • Options
    my team went to tramore near waterford last august to play as part of the stag do for one of the lads. we played a team of mainly locals and a couple of ex-waterford players and got beat 4-1. the 14 hour drinking session the day before can't have helped our cause. great weekend though.
  • Options
    We stayed in Waterford itself in a Youth Hostel. One of the best tours I have ever done. I lived on the black stuff for 4 days and was in no state to play football.
  • Options
    we do a charlton supporters one every year to the worldnet tournament in Leeds, Charlton Charlie organises and we've had some superb nights out and laughs in leeds.

without doubt though the best one we ever did was when we played Ayr United's supporters away in the semi-final of the National Cup. A laugh from start to finish and as many far fetched stories as a series of Fools and Horses. Absolutely brilliant, and Charlton Charlie, Riscardo, Oakster and Need a Pint off here were all there.
  • Options
    done a french tour with the school team which was cool. PLayed 4 teams out there won 2 and lost 2. remember i scored a bullet of a goal in one of the games we won..