Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dorset

fao Curb_it

Hi .... I want to hire a cottage in Dorset for 8-10 people, has to be brilliant and right near the beach!!
I have Lulworth Cove or Studland in mind.

Does the one you stayed in over New Year fit the bill?

Thanks!!!!

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2007
    Studland is a nudist beach ;)

Pervert.
  • Options
    Hopefully this is a link to a google search for Dorset + Holiday cottages.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-43,GGGL:en&q=holiday+cottages+%2B+dorset

Not all of Studland beach is a nudist beach, but it does get a bit windy there...

Lulworth Cove is nice, a couple of pubs and good walking teritory.

Consider also Lyme Regis.
  • Options
    Also you may consider Uplyme, it's a 15 minute walk to the beach (Lyme Regis).

The walk is brilliant, great scenery, theres also a nice pub there.

Also it's closer to the Tesco (Axminster), a 3 minute drive from there!
  • Options
    We stayed in a hotel in Lulworth. A couple that we met at new year hire a cottage every year there which i believe sleeps 8 (4 adults and 4 kids) but i dont have the details. The beach is close by but its a steep walk down to beach at durdle door so not for elderly!!

ill have a look.
  • Options
    Thanks.

BFR - I have googled extensively for cottages etc in Studland or near beach at Lulworth Cove - but all the ones I found are fully booked for summer holidays.

I don't know any othe really nice areas around there but will look into Lyme Regis.

Ta.
  • Options
    Try this salad. its more of a holiday park so not a cottage but has lodges to hire also. Lovely spot with stunning views on the coastline and 6 miles from Lulworth - a very good walk. There is beautiful pub there called the Smugglers Inn which does outdoor barbies in the summer.

lodges
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Studland is a nudist beach[/quote]No it isn't - it has a nudist section though.
  • Options
    Yeah think i went to the Smugglers Inn, very nice bbq.

The walk from Lulworth Cove to Durdle Door is not too bad.

Saying that the walk down to The Durdle Door beach bit is far from safe lol.
  • Options
    Yes watch out for the storms as well!avoid the lightening
  • Options
    Ps you should be ok if you wear rubber soles though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also worth visiting near Lulworth Cove is Tyneham:

http://www.pbase.com/marc_paull/tyneham

Tyneham was cleared by the army during WWII so the British/US army could practice for D Day, the intention was that the villagers would move back after the war but the army kept the area as a gun range. The houses are ruined and some pulled down but the Church has been restored and so has the school house. Worth an hour or two of your time if only to see how people lived a couple of generations and more back.
  • Options
    Lol. Actually I think i missed a bit of the point about rubber shoes, i think you have to lift one foot off the ground to be okay?

There but for the grace of god... i have noticed my hair is a lot more curlier since that event.
  • Options
    Try and find something in Boscombe Salad...Its a lovely area ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Thanks everyone - plan's changed (now have cottage on IoW for a week), but still looking for a campsite. I shall look into Osmington Mills ..... thanks Curb It ...

have also found this campsite at Durdel Door:
    www.lulworth.com/holiday/camping.htm

map:
    www.streetmap.co.uk/campsite

so any further free holiday advice most welcome :-)
  • Options
    that is the main holiday caravan site at durdle door. i would have sent it to y ou but you asked for a cottage. Its a lovely spot.
  • Options
    http://www.hookfarm-uplyme.co.uk/

Very nice place.
  • Options
    Dont do it, dorset is a hole! lol (only yoking)
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with Dorset
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Nothing wrong with Dorset

i no i no, i am just jestering dood!! dorsets better than egypt! lol