Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

El Kak

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Was it me or did he look decent at RB on Sat? Less of a liability out there as well

Comments

• Options
    Half decent winger IMO
  • Options
    I thought he did a decent job at right back.

He still managed a trademark high kick though!
  • Options
    he was good out there, he can play his "football" out there without being as ridiculously exposed as when he tries doing it in the centre.

can't see him being too happy being out there regularly though. i still maintain that he would be very effective in the holding role
  • Options
    ...gives him even more of an opportunity to frequently smash an aimless 70 yard ball (note I do not say pass) to nobody...

**as you can guess I'm not his biggest fan** !
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]he was good out there, he can play his "football" out there without being as ridiculously exposed as when he tries doing it in the centre.

can't see him being too happy being out there regularly though. i still maintain that he would be very effective in the holding role

Curbs played him there once against Blackburn at The Valley when we won 1-0 and he scored. We were playing 4-4-2 that day with Murphy in there so maybe El Kak took the rap for Murphy's ineffectiveness in a 4-4-2.

We could do a lot worse than trying him there again. He would also get within shooting range more often.
  • Options
    erm, didnt get exposed at right back, backing off his oponent when he shoulda slammed him into row Z? A pretty special goal though I do admit..
  • Options
    Completely agree with WSS, I think Elk would be much more effective in the holding role and we could even give that useless twat Faye a run at center-half with Diawara to see if their common language can seal our leaky back four. If I see Elk perform another overhead kick to clear his lines then....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]he was good out there, he can play his "football" out there without being as ridiculously exposed as when he tries doing it in the centre.

Curbs played him there once against Blackburn at The Valley when we won 1-0 and he scored. We were playing 4-4-2 that day with Murphy in there so maybe El Kak took the rap for Murphy's ineffectiveness in a 4-4-2.

We could do a lot worse than trying him there again. He would also get within shooting range more often.

I'm sure he played the next game against Arsenal in the holding role, and Curbs either moved him CB or took him after 55 mins - when we already 3-0 down.
    It was against Arsenal, though - and Henry was outstanding that day.

I agree, though, that it's worth a try playing him there again. He'd be a big physical presence and providing he didn't fanny around and get drawn out of position, I'm sure he'd be effective.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    El K is class ! Not Chapple ... Nope he's a footballer and can tackle + dummy an oncomong forward. Give it time - I reckon he and Diawara are the best central pairing with Thatcher and Young.... Please don't do a Curbishley on it ..(?) Anyone see Anton Ferdinand lately?