Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time For Mr Mills To Earn His Corn

Now it's time for Andrew Mills to earn his wages.I mean in this respect moving the deadwood on.Hopefully it has started with Fortune etc.

Comments

• Options
    agree to a certain extent.

I think the constant questioning of Mills is irrelevent in this current structure. Before the maybe, because it was a structure that was imposed from above. But make no mistakes, Pardew is his own man, he will only work with people he wants to work with, and he thinks adds value.

If Mills stays, then its because Pardew wants him on board and thinks he is doing a good job. If he doesn't, then Mills will leave.
  • Options
    hmm not so sure about that Barts, I reckon Pards has a bit more say in the training staff, but I'd be surprised if that extends to the likes of Mills - who from what I understand essentially a top level Administrator/Negotiator.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite] who from what I understand essentially a top level Administrator/Negotiator.

who effectively 'works' for Pardew.

The structure of importance in the club goes Murray, Varney, Pardew, make no bones about that.

Or am i wrong Henry ?
  • Options
    Henry would probably have use believe it goes:

Murray, Varney, Henry, Pards... ;o)
  • Options
    fans should be before Murray
  • Options
    I think of him more as an assistant to the Chairman/MD - who would normally go get players etc.. of course bottom line pards is more important, but that's not really what I am suggesting. I could be wrong of course, where's Henners when you need him??
  • Options
    As I understand it, Mills is the middle man. Pards identify's the players he wants, Murrey sets the figure we will pay and Mills does the haggling with the other club and the players agents. Is that right?
  • Options
    yes I think so, and normally the chairman or md would do this, so my thinking is he is really their assistant in these matters?
  • Options
    Barn Door Lisbie has it dead right, despite what anyone thinks Mills is not the man who determines what players we sign he is simply the middle man. Some of the conspiracy theories I have heard about this bloke are just ridiculous.

As for the chain surely it goes Murray, Pardew ..................?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Henry would probably have use believe it goes:

Murray, Varney, Henry, Pards... ;o)

I think you underestimate influence somewhat F-blocker. It's Murray, Whitehand, Chappel, Varney ... 250 other people, Hayes ;-)

Certainly under the old structure Mills reported to Murray but on a different reporting line than Dowie or Reed. Mills does not and never has "managed" the head coach and is not above him. Ketman is right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed Henry, some of the stick Mills is taking is just ridiculous, he does not decide what players to buy or sell that's down to the board and the manager. As far as I understand it Mills just conducts the transactions themselves when he is told to do so.
  • Options
    people are simply looking for a scapegoat, and while there is a fair bit of mystery about his actual role, its seems an easy place for people to start pointing.

However, i will add that since he has been involved in transfer negotiations, a lot more 'failed' bids seem to be getting in the press than they used to under the old guard.
  • Options
    Is this part of raising our profile ? Or is it agents / other clubs using us to in the window to set up a contract / bidding war? Just hope it never gets to the level of "Spurs attempting to sign Brazil squad" every summer lol