Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Millwall Chairman

has been funding a £6 mill loss for the last couple of years.Bearing in mind the job our board have done in keeping our head a float this year.How the hell do we get out of this mess.AS NOLLY WOULD SAY DISCUS

Comments

• Options
    720211.jpg
  • Options
    Ultimately the only way it will be resolved is for clubs to stop spending silly money on wages and transfers. No other business sector would behave in the stupid manner that football does. Our club has got to start acting responsibly as have the other 90-odd. I do fear though that there'll be some serious casualties before things sort themselves out. There's no guarantees that we won't be one of them though :-(
  • Options
    Slowly rebuild, might well take a few seasons to get back up to the Championship.

Only other way I can see is being taken over and buying our way out, like Southampton will.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Ultimately the only way it will be resolved is for clubs to stop spending silly money on wages and transfers. No other business sector would behave in the stupid manner that football does. Our club has got to start acting responsibly as have the other 90-odd. I do fear though that there'll be some serious casualties before things sort themselves out. There's no guarantees that we won't be one of them though :-(

I think the banking sector might have something to say about that.
  • Options
    The Millwall Chairman.....does he know the smoking laws in this country after seeing him in the changing room after the game yesterday
  • Options
    after what he has done, he can smoke what he feckin likes.Besides all those smoke in the bogs in the north upper do what they want to do anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]after what he has done, he can smoke what he feckin likes.Besides all those smoke in the bogs in the north upper do what they want to do anyway.

They don't even bother going in the traps now. Just stand there smoking and the stewards don't even want to know. I guess not depriving some Dad/Kid combo the use of a trap is actually a plus side. Just let them go outside FFS if the want a smoke!
  • Options
    If nightclubs, music venues, etc can provide an area for smokers then I don't see why football clubs can't. Not that I smoke - disgusting habit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]after what he has done, he can smoke what he feckin likes.Besides all those smoke in the bogs in the north upper do what they want to do anyway.

They don't even bother going in the traps now. Just stand there smoking and the stewards don't even want to know. I guess not depriving some Dad/Kid combo the use of a trap is actually a plus side. Just let them go outside FFS if the want a smoke!

I started a thread on this subject months ago and you can`t believe the abuse I got for suggesting that the club should stop the toilet smokers.
  • Options
    it's got worse though in the north upper I couldn't bloody breath in there for the Swindon game and when you take your kid in there with you, it aint good at all.