Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew Report Card - thoughts so far?

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Like his positive approach (mostly) shame we aint got the strikers to benefit from it.

Bit concerned about his substitutions:

Expecting Reid (just come back from injury) and Holland (approaching 80) to play a full game at full throttle, Thomas and Faye (erk) were on the bench!!?

Also his faith in Ambrose??

Perhaps needs to keep his gob shut a bit more on press days???

Comments

• Options
    his faith in Ambrose is fine, he is just too lightweight to play through the middle.

I'd rather and DA on the wing and Reid in the middle to be honest.

Holland has had a new lease of life in my opinion, been impressed with what he has done.

As for Pardew, i like him and he is the right man to get us promoted
  • Options
    Think we have finally got the Manager thing right at the third time of asking. Think he needs time to build his own team, seems to be getting a bit more out of the players effort wise at least. Definately think he is the man to arrest the slide straight through the Championship we were on course for earlier this season.
  • Options
    He'll bomb out the rubbish, and buy well with what money will be available, I'm looking forward to next season more then I was when Les was in charge
  • Options
    Right man for the job and have 100% faith in him. He'll get rid of the dead wood and build a side playing decent football. His Reading and west ham sides played decent football as well. He needs to drop HH though
  • Options
    If he gets £10m for Bent and ditches the ones on silly money or past it and then spends £6m or so rebuilding then I dont see why we cant come up at the first attempt.

The spine of the side needs rebuilding but there isnt too much to be done. The likes of Sam and Sankofa will replace Young and Romm, Thatcher will be good in that league, Faye and Kish can probably do a job.

If Pardew can get Reid in some sort of shape he could be very effective at that level (how fat was he on Saturday)

Just need one centre back, one central midfielder, a left midfielder and a couple of strikers, easy peasy.
  • Options
    Was surprised he didn't make substitutions earlier on Sat - we needed a response when they scored second, and didn't get it either from crowd, team or management. When he finally did bring on subs, thought taking MB and Romm off showed we knew the game was beyond us. Reid was clearly struggling for fitness for most of second half, whereas both MB and Romm had looked dangerous - well, as dangerous as anyone did!

Overall Pards has a lot going for him, but think he's a realist and knows deep down that writing is on the wall for this season.
  • Options
    More than happy. Overjoyed in fact.

I don't think he is perfect, and i'm sure there are better managers around. I doubt i'll agree with his line-ups, and i might not be sure of the people he signs.

But for the position we are in, i honestly can't think of anyone better we could of got.
  • Options
    Spot on AFKA

If he had taken time out til the summer would he have come to the Valley, probably not and that is my only concern him being able to bugger off in the summer if he chooses.

I would have put it in my contract if I was him.