Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Former Players: Their Jobs Today

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
was having a chat with somebody today and found out the following players latest jobs, just goes to show the money wasnt there in the older days

colin walsh - owns a building company
mark penfold - working for a cleaning contractor (who sponsor cafc)
phil warman - works for bmw
derek hales - drives a taxi in medway
martin robinson - chef
richard wilson - police
john humphrey - head of school pe dept

anyone know any others?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    I think Flash installs swimming pools for a living
    Paddy Powell is... well, Paddy Powell!
    Andy Peake is a copper
    Paul Went works as a brewery rep - can't remember the brewery, might be Courage?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Andy Hunt - Belize Holidays

Pretty sure Sasa Ilic is involved in some sort of property business.

Colin Walsh almost did some work on my house a few years back! - scorer of the first Charlton goal I ever witnessed (5/12/1992!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]
    richard wilson - police

I don't believe it !
  • Options
    Curbs - Retired?...Occasional TV pundit

Salako & Mark Bright - Palace media ambassadors who pretend they never played for us.

Minto - pundit
  • Options
    Derek Hales does some football coaching at The Howard School in Rainham and possibly other local Medway schools too.
  • Options
    Paul Walsh works as a TV pundit who petends he's never even HEARD of us...let alone played for us!
  • Options
    Paul Elliott (MBE) is often down at The Valley these days is he scout for anyone?
  • Options
    I heard in a local paper a few years back that Richard Rufus became a priest in a local church
  • Options
    David Campbell the first has done alright....

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/both-player-and-manager-saturday-interview-david-campbell-life-as-a-footballer-beckoned-but-the-world-of-investment-is-where-he-s-achieving-his-goals-finds-kristy-dorsey-1.25774
  • Options
    Rob Lee was in fact a turnstile in a previous life. ;>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2010
    David Young went into Leisure Management.

I don't think he is still there but at one time he was manager at Black lion Sports Centre in Gillingham.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Paul Elliott (MBE) is often down at The Valley these days is he scout for anyone?

Paul Elliott=Quality
  • Options
    edited April 2010

My school centre half did well. i think he was in the same year at school as David White our director.

Both boys done good, know what I mean Harry.
  • Options
    i heard somewhere that john humphrey runs his own adult movie production business
  • Options
    I believe Dave Shipperley went into the police and investigated that murder in Kenya 20 years ago which is in the news again. Expect he's retired by now.

Arthur Horsfield became a steward of a club in Gravesend but that was also some time amo
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Paul Elliott (MBE) is often down at The Valley these days is he scout for anyone?

Paul Elliott=Quality
    Brilliant player. Crime that he never went on to play for England. Really nice bloke to boot as well. Typical down-to-Earth Sotuh-East London lad.
  • Options
    David Shipperly became a police detective.

john humphrey - head of school pe dept - Whitgift School I think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Paul Elliott=Quality
    Brilliant player. Crime that he never went on to play for England. Really nice bloke to boot as well. Typical down-to-Earth Sotuh-East London lad.

Could not agree more Leroy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Penfolds Perm[/cite]Rob Lee was in fact a turnstile in a previous life. ;>)

You read the Away programe aswell...........
    ;-)
  • Options
    Gavin peacock a reverend in the canadian wilderness

Bob bolder match day host

Mike salmon last I knew was a youth gk coach at arsenal!!!!

John barnes part time rapper and baton twirler

Neil redfearn whipet breader and pidgeon fancier...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]

Neil redfearn whipet breader and pidgeon fancier...

And full time waste of space
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Paul Elliott=Quality

Could not agree more Leroy

Completely agree. Does a hell of a lot of good work for the game too. Refereed his son, also a good lad.
  • Options
    SASA Ilic is an actor now
    "A Day of Violence" - he plays a mobster named Knuckles
  • Options
    john robinson - he runs soccer camps in Florida
    http://www.johnrobinsonsoccerschool.com/john-robinson.html

He is also trying to patent an on-field soccer goal
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]john robinson - he runs soccer camps in Florida
    http://www.johnrobinsonsoccerschool.com/john-robinson.html

He is also trying to patent an on-field soccer goal

John Robinson is a 100% Charlton legend and deserves every success, which he will no doubt have in the States.
    He was a player who never shirked and when you see some of the slime that represents football in the top flight with their off field shenanigans-Robbo is a great example of someone who did/does nothing but good for the beautiful game refreshing news indeed.
  • Options
    Tony Booth - ob. John Bumstead - blk cab driver. Colin Pates - school teacher.
  • Options
    Colin Walsh built my old mans extention when i was about 10. had a kick about with him in the garden.
  • Options
    Carl Leaburn - Security Guard Canary Wharf
  • Options
    Hugh MacAuley - coach at Liverpool, ressies or youth can't remember which.
  • Options
    Legendary 70's starlet, George Hope, now sells used cars in Hull.