Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bit of travel advice required

A quick request for some local knowledge, please. I'll be travelling up to the Valley from Wiltshire on Tuesday night, thanks to my work schedule, so instead of taking my usual route in down the M11, I'll be approaching from the southern stretch of the M25. Anyone got an advice on the best route in - A20 vs A2 and any particularly bad traffic hotspots I should avoid? Also, how long on average does it take to get into Charlton from the M25 on a week day evening?

Any advice gratefully received.

Ta

Comments

• Options
    i would join the A2,avoid A20,from M25 A2 junction no more than 25 mins i would say.
  • Options
    Cheers Tavern, that doesn't sound as painful as I was expecting. Guess it's better to be heading into London at that time than out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]i would join the A2,avoid A20,from M25 A2 junction no more than 25 mins i would say.

Agreed with the one proviso that the Dartford Tunnel behaves itself.

If it doesn't you will be sitting in a queue back to the A 20 turn-off anyway. In which case your best bet is A 20 to Crittals Corner, North Cray Road, Bexley Village and pick up the A 2 at the Bexley Wilmington junction (the one after Darenth interchange which is the M 25 junction) and carry on in towards Charlton in the usual way.
  • Options
    A2 route is best Exiled, unless as others say there is gridlock in the M25, take the A20 in that case
  • Options
    Cheers guys - fingures crossed the traffic Gods smile upon me.