Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics 2012 - have you registered for tickets?

Comments

• Options
    Well looking at my application so far, and if I get everything I've asked for will be spending £500 on 18 tickets spread across 9 days.

That ain't too bad you know
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Well looking at my application so far, and if I get everything I've asked for will be spending £500 on 18 tickets spread across 9 days.

That ain't too bad you know
    You could get 2 season tickets for Charlton and get change for £500!
  • Options
    So far only applied for the evening athletics on 4th/5th Aug - but only at the 'not got a chance in hell of getting 50 quid tickets'.
  • Options
    So my Calendar looks like this at the moment

July 29th - Football at Wembley
    July 30th - Hockey at Olympic Park
    July 31st - Gymnastics at the O2
    August 2nd - Tennis at Wimbledon
    August 3rd - Swimming am and then afternoon of Cycling on Olympic park
    August 4th - Athletics at Olympic park in the morning
    August 6th - Basketball at Olympic Park
    August 10th - All dayer at ExCeL for the boxing semi finals
  • Options
    Nice spread of events although cant get enthused about the football or tennis.
    Just wonder if the morning sessions at the athletics are just full of the elite athletes cruising through the heats with no excitement until the semis.
  • Options
    That Saturday morning has two rounds of the 100m, so yeah Usain Bolt will probably cruise through on 30% speed, but it'll be worth seeing. The Heptathlon is on as well, so a morning with Jessica Ennis ain't too bad I think
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]So my Calendar looks like this at the moment

July 29th - Football at Wembley
    July 30th - Hockey at Olympic Park
    July 31st - Gymnastics at the O2
    August 2nd - Tennis at Wimbledon
    August 3rd - Swimming am and then afternoon of Cycling on Olympic park
    August 4th - Athletics at Olympic park in the morning
    August 6th - Basketball at Olympic Park
    August 10th - All dayer at ExCeL for the boxing semi finals

Nice choice I hope you get them all.

I'm not sure if you are taking the micky or if it is just coincidence but I posted

Who is going to say "I wont go to the Athletics/Boxing/Cycling/Gymnastics/Teniss/Football/Basketball/Swimming/Hocky....... etc. this morning I think I'll pay £65 to go and watch the early rounds of the fencing."

I listed 9 sports that people would spend their money on before deciding that they had no money to waste on the minor sports and you have listed the same 9 sports that you will be going to.
  • Options
    Nope, going for other sports, but thought I could hold back on others as the demand will mean LOCOG will be dumping tickets to fill the places up in June 2012
  • Options
    Gone for Beach volleyball
  • Options
    Not booked anything yet, far too early for me. I am going on a bus tour of the stadium next month though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you think you might be able to turn up on the day and get tickets for the qualifying rounds of the least popular events?

Remember watching the Boxing at Atlanta with one man and his dog in the crowd for the early rounds.
  • Options
    Avoided applying for the Saturday events, as they will probably clash with our fixtures. It will be interesting to see if the league season starts on the first Saturday in August as usual. It's the middle Saturday of the games.
  • Options
    As I see it, it is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

If we get all the tickets we have applied for I will be 1600 quid poorer, but what the hell!

We've gone for tickets across 10 days, starting with the opening ceremony.

With our luck I expect we will tickets for the first day and the last day of our choice.

Living here in Luxembourg we ticked the box saying that we support Luxembourg, hoping that it may give us some extra 'we don't get many of those here' brownie points.
  • Options
    Just put my name down for tickets for the 100m final night. Well, if you don't even ask to buy a ticket ...... you'll never win that raffle!
  • Options
    I reckon a few people won't bother applying for stuff that they 'know' they wont get tickets for, which is why i've put down cheapest tickets for those events as someone's gotta get em right? :-)

womens 100m final session
    mens 100m final session
    semi finals tennis men and womens.
  • Options
    Exactly!

Baulked at (potentially) shelling out for the football final though.
  • Options
    gone for basketball and womens beach volley ball, should be good if I can get both.
  • Options
    Just gone for Tennis - went through at 12.12am
  • Options
    I did one of the Sundays at Wembley for the football and a day at the track cycling, absolutely no interest in Athletics or most of the others on offer
  • Options
    I can't wait I will be at Olympic torch relay ,opening ceremony, closing ceremony, I will be in and around an event somewhere in the country all day every day for the Olympics and para Olympics , plus the entertaining events in the evening.

I can't wait won't be much sleeping or resting but it is a once in a lifetime opportunity and if i didn't have the access I will have I would've spent hundreds on tickets for me and the family,

Got comps for the wife and kids sorted, and my good pal crystal Nichols is the gb number 1 woman fencer so we will be watching the fenching,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have applied for Athetics, Gymnastics and boxing.

£800 if I (hopefully dont) get all of them
  • Options
    Looked yesterday so i could say i went when London held it but for me it's too expensive i'm afraid for something that holds very little interest to me.
  • Options
    NLA - a member of the "Olympic freeloaders family"

Still nice to know that someone on here is definitely going, seeing as we are helping to pay for the thing!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Damn sh*thouse Blackberry.

Anyone know why they always seem to double post? (Or have I already answered my own question above?)
  • Options
    I reckon the best event of the last games was the Swimming Marathon, due to the anything goes rules. As it's taking place at Hyde Park i'm pretty confident i'll get a ticket. The pole vault is another obscure event that I'm interested in, it looks impressive on TV never mind live!

I've applied for lots of events which will see my enter my overdraft if I get them all, will probably only end up with half of them as i've just gone for the cheap seats. Can't wait!
  • Options
    Went for 3 athletics sessions, two boxing, and the equestrian at Greenwich Park

Found everything to be a lot more expensive that i imagined it to be. Only bid at the lowest price for all of them, so not particularly hopeful on the athletics ones.
  • Options
    Gone for some Athletics, Badminton and Tennis. Around 600 quid if we get them all. Not too hopeful on the Athletics as have gone for a couple of top sessions (Mens 200m final) at the cheapest price but who dares wins as they say.
  • Options
    Football, Athletics, Cycling, Tennis - should have gone for some Swimming
  • Options
    If your taking kids it only costs the same amount as their age
  • Options
    I'll happily watch it on TV, wouldn't be shelling out some of the prices banded about to actually watch anything 'live' though!