Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Signing 4 Charlton not attractive

That's a 100% record,we've tried to sign 2 players and failed on both counts.It looks like we are no longer a attractive proposition.Roy Keane must have pointed out that Sunderland had turned the corner and we hadn't even reached it yet.Quite sad,I think there are some rather dark days if not years ahead.Personally I would like to have seen/heard a bit more from Mr Murray in these troubled times,his silence speaks volumes.

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry but we've been bloody fleeced enough in the past year or so and paying £2m for this Stokes fella on the strength of 16 goals in a pub league would have been a bloody gamble.

Pardew has also stated he wants to keep Bent now as well.

I'd rather stick with what we have - jfh excepted get rid of him and bring walker back
    - and go all out to get a bloody central defender or 2.
  • Options
    When have we ever been really that attractive a club to sign for?

A good place to come for level headed Championship players a year or two ago (but we stopped buying those on the whole 3-5 years ago) but the rest are here for the wages full stop.

D Bent a good signing, the remainder of the championship players signed now too old or long since gone. (Holland, HH and Hughes)
  • Options
    It's really a case of perception of the club from the outside, when a club gets a bad press be it internally or externally this rubs off and affects prospective transfer targets whom tend to be more hesitant before commiting especially with the lowly position the club finds itself in the Prem. Charlton ARE an attractive club to many it's just a blip and I'm sure things will change for the better in this respect!
  • Options
    Right now West Ham are the most attractive for players, agents and selling clubs because of the £25M available - Charlton need to work hard to bring in some loan signings and european based players who can tackle and pass - a big ask I know - suspect Murray is quiet because he is trying to cut some deals / pull in some favours