Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ask Airman.

Number 1 in a series of questions about all things Charlton.

1). Are Thermos flasks allowed in the North Upper ?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Only in the East Stand, where they are compulsory.
  • Options
    Re Q#1: In my limited experience (and I am not offering insight into official policy here MOG) I would say yes but only if they had a picture of Lloyd Sam's yellow boots on.

In respect of the theme you are on though:

#2: is it ok to wear a blue tie at a night game (assuming you came straight from work) ?
  • Options
    Just wondering for a friend: Can't take bottles or cans........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Re Q#1: In my limited experience (and I am not offering insight into official policy here MOG) I would say yes but only if they had a picture of Lloyd Sam's yellow boots on.

In respect of the theme you are on though:

#2: is it ok to wear a blue tie at a night game (assuming you came straight from work) ?

Its never ok to wear a blue-tie.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Itsneverok to wear a blue-tie.

It is acceptable to wear a blue & red stripey tie at Selhurst, though.
    While you still can.
  • Options
    I see where you're going with this now - what you mean is do they check if the contents are actually hot chocolate ?

Fill the flask with a nice Malt and let the game roll on....

I'm with you.
  • Options
    i had a blue and red stripey charlton tie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i had a blue and red stripey charlton tie

Was that back in the Sell Out days, when on the outside wall of the Half-hour Waite stand, they placed the big Charlton badge right underneath their own.....?
  • Options
    lots of little swords on it... pretty sure it was soon after our return to the valley i got it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i had a blue and red stripey charlton tie

Did you wear it when you gave Paul Ellis a lift from an Eltham bus stop?

Legend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i believe back in the day mr ellis may have had one too..... sidcup road A20 mottingham massive
  • Options
    The last couple of night games I have gone straight from work and had a bag with me. Both times had some tools and stuff in there even a stanley on Monday(totally forgot about it). As I got near the turnstile the bloke asked me if I had anything in the bag I shouldn't have, I replied no and he said thanks enjoy the game. Very through I thought. So I imagine a flask might get through
  • Options
    You could you fit a fine malt and a Stanley into a thermos. Why have international smugglers not discovered this seemingly fool proof plan?

Or have they. If so, sorry to any CAFC supporting international smugglers I might have inadvertently put out of business.
  • Options
    My mate was told he couldn't take a full hip flask in, to N Stand Upper. So he drank it, then was told couldn't take it in with cap on it. As it was an espensive silver one he refused to hand it over started an argument and was then eventually allowed in with it, on the basis that he wouldn't be likely to throw an expensive article on the pitch.
    He's in his early 60s, and is about the farthest away from troublesome looking that I've seen. Stewards are planks sometimes ain't they.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: iainment[/cite]Stewards are planks sometimes ain't they.

Perhaps they are failed rocket scientists .....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]If so, sorry to any CAFC supporting international smugglers I might have inadvertently put out of business.

I saw a young lady the other night at the match, with just a tee shirt on. As the old man in a white coat used to shout on the east terrance. Peanuts.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: iainment[/cite]My mate was told he couldn't take a full hip flask in, to N Stand Upper. So he drank it, then was told couldn't take it in with cap on it. As it was an espensive silver one he refused to hand it over started an argument and was then eventually allowed in with it, on the basis that he wouldn't be likely to throw an expensive article on the pitch.
    He's in his early 60s, and is about the farthest away from troublesome looking that I've seen. Stewards are planks sometimes ain't they.[/quote]

I think Stewards and most customer service types should use a bit of common sense when they approch people
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Number 1 in a series of questions about all things Charlton.

1). Are Thermos flasks allowed in the North Upper ?

Only if accompanied with a nice blanket and a train timetable.
  • Options
    MMMM Blanket!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]MMMM Blanket!

Didn't know Michael Jackson's kid supported Charlton!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you can defo take them in west upper so dont see it shud be any different
  • Options
    Are we allowed to throw bottles without tops onto the pitch....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Are we allowed to throw bottles without tops onto the pitch....?

Yes I always loved that rule. You can take in a bottle with no lid on, but it can be completely full. But you can't take an empty bottle in with a lid on. I know which I'd rather have hit me if I was a player!
  • Options
    Who keeps the money that's been thrown onto the pitch?
  • Options
    Charlie Wright used to gather it up and give it to the kids along the front of the crowd.
  • Options
    Is there such a thing as a person's soulmate, and, if so, how likely is it that I'll find him/her (can't be picky)?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Is there such a thing as a person's soulmate, and, if so, how likely is it that I'll find him/her (can't be picky)?

Sure. They're always there.

But you're not always looking.

;o)
  • Options
    Hows away ticket sales going ?