Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moondance / SeOne Club

Anyone have any experience of either the event (Moondace) or the venue (SeOne Club)

Looking at going on New Years Eve but heard a few bad things... so who knows now.

Comments

• Options
    the venue has been called number of things, but hd its licience taken away for a couple of deaths at a raindance event there back in 96/97 ish, very very big sweaty dirty venue, been a few times since it reopened as SeOne, got bit betta each time, still incredably hot and sweaty, and loadsa rooms and easily get massively lost, sound systems are more a make your ears bleed rather than good quality sound.

The club also still has my m8's shoes aswell, after we all got chucked out cos of a shooting inside last yr, apparently this happens alot - shootings/stabbings that is rather than idiot girls leaving their shoes behind
  • Options
    avoid at all costs last time i was there Rhino the gladiator was on the door Nigel ben was dj ing and we had to leg it cos i kicked over a geezers crack can and him and the brotherhood wernt best pleased

got the feck out of there well quick
  • Options
    I went to moondance in 2004 and wish I hadn't! I think the ticket was something stupid like £40. Although the history of house room was good.
  • Options
    Nye will be fine. You won't get too much scum.

Shootings don't happen a 'lot' there!
  • Options
    Not red anything here as dont want to be influenced, went venue on saturday and was good fun i have been about 5 or 6 times in last couple of years and not seen one fight...... last year me and a few mates went there NYE it was a really good night, still had bit of a xmas feel to it also loads of bubbles and stuff i would definately recommend it mate, cant really compare with moondance as never been

anyways if you go there, you will enjoy it so have a good one!

also as you may know they generally play different things each floor but main room is usually the best atmosphere and will be the place to be at midnight!

hope this helps
  • Options
    also may i add always had excellent nights there and always seem to get in about 5 earlish so be prepared for the motha of all hangovers the next day
  • Options
    Such a shame there is nothing decent on nye, the only decent lineups seem to be at fire and seone!

if only i could find a decent dubstep night :(
  • Options
    Went SEONE on my A level results party few years back to be honest I didn't mind it but I had a few before i was in there, it's pretty much a dungeon
  • Options
    Been there a few times. EXTREMELY expensive for the drinks
  • Options
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooondddddddddddddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Such a shame there is nothing decent on nye, the only decent lineups seem to be at fire and seone!

if only i could find a decent dubstep night :(

Come help me DJ somewhere again mate. Enjoy a taxi home with some local molisher Robert's yer fathers brother!
  • Options
    yuck.
  • Options
    Throw into that some marlon and a chunder in the back garden to feed the cats and the prophecy is fulfilled
  • Options
    Went to Moondance a few times back in the day at SeOne. Always had a laugh and never got any grief. I'm going Get Loaded in the Dark at Brixton Academy, the Line up is tip top for that!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    When I used to go Fabric/Turnmills I always used to end up on the 6am train back from London with a load of people who'd been SeOne.

No thanks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Went to Moondance a few times back in the day at SeOne. Always had a laugh and never got any grief. I'm going Get Loaded in the Dark at Brixton Academy, the Line up is tip top for that!

I'd love to see SubFocus again, lucky fecker.

It's a shame that Chase and Status is just a DJ Set, the live stuff is absolutely mind blowing.

Thinking about Innovation @ Fire as a possibility, the only downside being it's at Fire.
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Come help me DJ somewhere again mate. Enjoy a taxi home with some local molisher Robert's yer fathers brother!

The girlfriend wants a proper night out in London, which kinda counts that out ;-)
  • Options
    Can I have a special friend rice, chicken chow mein and a ticket to

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooondance
  • Options
    Clubbing anywhere in London on NYE is usually a nightmare as instead of your usual clubbers, you get all the lightweights out and about who have a couple of pints and want a fight.
  • Options
    Im old. I dont understand any of this.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Im old. I dont understand any of this.

hed be safe with you B youd batter all them clowns in se1 club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Clubbing anywhere in London on NYE is usually a nightmare as instead of your usual clubbers, you get all the lightweights out and about who have a couple of pints and want a fight.

After spending the last 5 months going out in Hull, I honestly could care less, I literally can't wait to get to London! Roll on the 28th!!!

Just seen the "special offers" on drinks at fire, £4 a bottle of stella and £6.50 for a single vodka redbull, I can get a quadvod and redbull for £3ish back in Hull :(
  • Options
    Been to a couple and went once on New Year. Was good but not worth the money.

Think RatPack were there but other than that it was average.
  • Options
    I am all for venues where people can enjoy themselves and have a good time. But the 'venue' has to be, or was a shit hole for wanna be gangsters. Drove past the place one Saturday night having been working and the police and ambulances were everywhere, I will be polite and call them young woman, with wide belts as skirts, pissed and lying in the gutter a bit like a scene from Hogarth's gin drinkers. Everytime my lads went there was the potential for aggro, simply because they had the wrong haircut/shirt/were not local. Having lived up the road in Brockley with no trouble at all thirty years ago, and having had no trouble in the 5 years I lived there I thought there seemed to be the potential for trouble on every street corner. The doormen seem incapable or too stupid to run these premises properly and how they get the licenceses to run these places , I have no idea. I assume some mug is put up as a front to get the premise's licencesed.

Having sons that are stupid enough to go to Ibiza and pay vast amounts of money for cheap watered down drinks, mine are no better than most at these so called 'sophisticated clubs'.... And yes I was stupid enough myself to go to places myself decades ago and was no less stupid. But guys, not that you will listen, this is not cool, and it is not sophisticated, you are there to part with your money at some second rate dive. Still enjoy yourselves....
  • Options
    I'd rather stab myself in the eyes all night than go to the Venue.

I wouldn't even consider going to the venue on a normal night, let alone NYE.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]I'd rather stab myself in the eyes all night than go to the Venue.

I wouldn't even consider going to the venue on a normal night, let alone NYE.
    I've seen you in there.
  • Options
    We can both blame suzi for that ;-)