Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Were you there?

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Biggest and best CAFC games since return to the Valley?

Div one:
First game back v Portsmouth 1-0
Ipswich (A) 4-4
Play off v Ipswich 1-0

Premiership:
Southampton 5-0
Arsenal 4-2
Man Utd 3-3
West Ham 4-4
Chelsea 4-2
Liverpool 3-2
Palace 2-2

FA Cup:
Blackburn (A) 1-0
Man Utd (A) 1-3
Liverpool (A) 1-2
Coventry (A) 3-2
Boro (A) 2-4

League Cup:
Wimbledon (A) 5-4
Wimbledon (H) 3-3

Wembley:
The Play off final v Sunderland

Any I have missed?

Comments

• Options
    I add

Ipswich(A) 5 - 1 (was between the two Wimbledon games, so P3 W2 D1 L0 F13 A8)
    Tranmere(H) 3 -2 (2 down at half time)
    Norwich(H) 4 - 4 (2 up, 4 - 2 down, Jason Lee and Leaburn late on)
    Notts County(A) 3 - 3 (two in the last 6 mins from Nelson)
    Man City(A) 4 - 1
    Villa(A) 4 - 3
  • Options
    Not quite in the same league as some of the above but the 2-2 (back from 2 down) against Newcastle ( a very cold Sunday 4pm KO) when Bright scored with his first touch from a corner and Pringle scored with a 60 or so yard run in injury time to level was a great game!
  • Options
    and the win at leeds where parker picked the ball up on halfway in the last minutes and beat what seemed like the whole leeds team on the way to goal
  • Options
    i'm still quite fond of beating west ham 4-2 when we were losing 2-1 then ripped them apart down the right wing for the last 15 minutes.
  • Options
    arsenal 1-0 at home
    and i'm surprised no-one has said the double over smallwill
  • Options
    The game in the snow, when Bowyer was sent off and Kim Grant bagged a couple. Curbs described that match as "a turning point" in his book.
  • Options
    Was definitely the turning point of millwall's season. They were top at the time and ended up getting relegated :o)

Also worth a mention is the 4-1 at QPR when all the QPR fans left 15 mins into the second half after Robbo got his second.
  • Options
    Southend, 1st game with the East Stand (Ithink?) 3-0 up, southend came back to 3-3 in the last minute and we won it in injury time? LOL 'Same old Charlton taking the piss'

Powelly was playing for Southend that day.
  • Options
    A couple of years ago the lass & I got free tickets to Anfield and watched Charlton win 1-0. Trouble was we were sitting in the middle of the main stand and my fellow supporters were not happy when we scored and I stood up and punched the air - I kept very quiet for the rest of the game! - but it was a great result.
  • Options
    I was being entertained in the Reebok hospitality suite that day at Anfield, very enjoyable. Just to add to the day my bruv had Bartlett 1st goalscorer and Charlton 1-0 @ about 100/1!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very nice Stone.