Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why, Why, Why?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I thought that with Varney rejoining the board, we would see an end to the crazy decisions from above. He's done a good job so far this season, but with the players we have, he could have done much better. In no way has he made up for what happened last season or for what he and his old buddy did to us, and he surely has to be held partly responsible for what happened under Pardon't.
    It's far too soon to be offering him a new contract
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Why has Parkinson been given an extension to his contract?
    OK, we got off to a good start this season but our form of late isn't that great.
    There was no need to give him an extension, he hasn't proved himself.
    He was sneaked in at the back door, not many wanted him to be manager and now an extension, I don't believe it!
    The board should have had a look at him at the end of the season, not now.
    So what if it all goes pear-shaped? Gonna cost a fortune to get rid of him.
    Typical Charlton, stupid doing things that don't need to be done!

And....Millwall won, what a shit day!

True rubbish day but at least Millwall Winning keeps us second.
  • Options
    Kind of double edged sword, Millwall winning. I hate them with every bone in my body but the fact their win keeps us second softens the blow a bit.........just a tiny bit!
  • Options
    True never like to see Millwall win either but i was a little glad as it kept us second.
  • Options
    The worse thing about it is they have found form and have beaten the teams at the top, something we haven't done.

Can't stand them bastards coming to The Valley and winning, I've seen it all too many times!
  • Options
    Yea it is true even if we lost every game this season and got sent down another league it woouldnt feel quite as bad as loosing to them at the valley :-) never witnessed it myself and hoepfully i never will have too.

But your right the worrying thin is they have found form and are the only team to beat Leeds all season. Worrying times ahead
  • Options
    Yes mate, let's hope you don't have to witness it, it is horrible!
  • Options
    I can imagine not allot worse palace was painful enough.
  • Options
    Oh mate, it is a lot worse. When you are beaten at home by your bitter local rivals it is absolute shite, fucking rotten!
  • Options
    mmmm can just picture it now those idiots walking down Floyd round singing their shity songs coulod very much be a reality come the 19/12/09.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite, how can Parky be expected to compete with the lavish riches that the likes of Milwall and MK Dons have to spend on international superstars.
    Point was we need 3/4 players with more quality than what we have. And aren't our expectations are a bit higher than the likes of Millwall and Mk Dons?

Teams like Millwall and MK Dons have built up their teams and have had some good seasons, we've come down after 3 terrible seasons. We've released and sold several players leaving us with a starting 11, a few very average back up players and youngsters.

Millwall and MK Dons are going for the playoffs, anything better is a huge bonus and an outstanding season. We're expecting to finish in the top two, any lower isn't considered quite as good as expected. Though we don't have the money to build a squad that good enough, which Parkinson can't be blamed for.

I can understand why some say he shouldn't have been given an extension, that's fair enough.
  • Options
    The extension gives parkinson a bit of security and means that he is less likely to walk out on us if he gets a call from another club.

Whilst he hasnt done great things for us some clubs may even see him as a target and he may think sod it ive had a horrible time at charlton and want a fresh start.

If that happened we would be fooked and scrabbling round mid season trying to find a replacement.

Keep him unless the unlikely opportunity to sign the next curbs comes along which wont happen and if we dont get promotion (if it became mathmatically impossible) seriously start looking for someone else.

Until then we need to make the best of what we have got.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    Quite, how can Parky be expected to compete with the lavish riches that the likes of Milwall and MK Dons have to spend on international superstars.
    Point was we need 3/4 players with more quality than what we have. And aren't our expectations are a bit higher than the likes of Millwall and Mk Dons?

Teams like Millwall and MK Dons have built up their teams and have had some good seasons, we've come down after 3 terrible seasons. We've released and sold several players leaving us with a starting 11, a few very average back up players and youngsters.

Millwall and MK Dons are going for the playoffs, anything better is a huge bonus and an outstanding season. We're expecting to finish in the top two, any lower isn't considered quite as good as expected. Though we don't have the money to build a squad that good enough, which Parkinson can't be blamed for.

Just imagine if we had Puncheon and Ricky Lambert in our team - like Parky wanted, but lost out on because we didn't have the money.
  • Options
    id be chuffed Lambert cannot stop scoring
  • Options
    Also, if we are going to be taken over, would they want Parkinson as manager and if not they will have to pay compensation to get rid of him and could put a potential buyer off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Also, if we are going to be taken over, would they want Parkinson as manager and if not they will have to pay compensation to get rid of him and could put a potential buyer off.
    That's the thing. I think the extension is a massive signpost saying that all takeover activity is at an end for the moment.
  • Options
    not necessarily the case. What if the Board know a takeover is on the horizon and that Parky will be surplus to reqirements they are then just ensuring he gets a decent pay-off, seeing as he won't get a job elsewhere for ages.
  • Options
    Mmm, good thinking, Large.

Or, with the "takeover completed " , they have Curbs ready & waiting in the wings as Director of Football so making a solid team of management , cash to splash in January ( OK - not a fantastic amount ) and Luke Barnard for one lined up & ready to sign.

Would this make Lifers happy ?

Or am I back in cloud cuckoo land ?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Also, if we are going to be taken over, would they want Parkinson as manager and if not they will have to pay compensation to get rid of him and could put a potential buyer off.
    be a darn sight cheaper than pardews payoff maybe the potential buyer said they wanted stability this extension offers just that!

Edit first bit still stands second bit is bs lol
  • Options
    Why do we assume a buyer they would want parky out. Reasonably stable in league 1 at the moment so hopefully the buyer would see that and realise the situation we are in. Unless the buyer knows nothing of football which will probly be the case. Just a thought but if i was a buyer i would probly keep parky in as we have found a bit of stability with him not like we had with Curbs but its better now than it ever was with Pardew or Dowie or anyone after Curbs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not assuming anything, it's just a strange decision for the board to make as it could put off a potential buyer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]I'm not assuming anything, it's just a strange decision for the board to make as it could put off a potential buyer.

it's a strange decision as he has achieved bugger all !!
  • Options
    Big question is why now !!!! ? In theory Charlton could still have a disasterous season. I think not making promotion would constitute a disaster. What then ? After last season surely not getting promoted would mean him leaving. Not so easy to get rid now. The timing is beyond belief.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Big question is why now !!!! ? In theory Charlton could still have a disasterous season. I think not making promotion would constitute a disaster. What then ? After last season surely not getting promoted would mean him leaving. Not so easy to get rid now. The timing is beyond belief.

Just a guess but if as it appears he is popular with the players it might be an attempt to prevent a mass exodous in January of our better players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Why do we assume a buyer they would want parky out. Reasonably stable in league 1 at the moment so hopefully the buyer would see that and realise the situation we are in. Unless the buyer knows nothing of football which will probly be the case. Just a thought but if i was a buyer i would probly keep parky in as we have found a bit of stability with him not like we had with Curbs but its better now than it ever was with Pardew or Dowie or anyone after Curbs.
    I'd not assume that, but I would assume that they might have their own ideas. In the same way as a house with a sitting tentant is more difficult to sell than one that is empty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Big question is why now !!!! ? In theory Charlton could still have a disasterous season. I think not making promotion would constitute a disaster. What then ? After last season surely not getting promoted would mean him leaving. Not so easy to get rid now. The timing is beyond belief.

Just a guess but if as it appears he is popular with the players it might be an attempt to prevent a mass exodous in January of our better players.

Tbh if we don`t acheive promotion and have not been taken over then I fully expect there to be an exodus of players through financial necessity as well as those jumping ship.