Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby Thugs

“England's youngest senior referee, Luke Pearce, will continue his career, despite having a punch aimed at him by an angry fan.
Role model: Pearce has vowed to continue as a ref, gaining inspiration from top official Wayne Barnes
The Devon-based 21-year-old was also abused by Coventry fans after local rivals Moseley gained three penalty tries to win a Championship match 28-25 last Friday.
An RFU inquiry decided on Thursday to take no action against Coventry, saying it was an isolated incident. “

It seems West Ham and Millwall are playing the wrong game. They would be welcomed by the RFU or have I missed something?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: rm1 exile[/cite]“England's youngest senior referee, Luke Pearce, will continue his career, despite having a punch aimed at him by an angry fan.
    Role model: Pearce has vowed to continue as a ref, gaining inspiration from top official Wayne Barnes
    The Devon-based 21-year-old was also abused by Coventry fans after local rivals Moseley gained three penalty tries to win a Championship match 28-25 last Friday.
    An RFU inquiry decided on Thursday to take no action against Coventry, saying it was an isolated incident. “

It seems West Ham and Millwall are playing the wrong game. They would be welcomed by the RFU or have I missed something?
    I think you have missed something. The near spotless record of rugby fans up and down the country over the past forty years, compared with the appalling record of football supporters during the same period.

I mean, come on - I'm not advocating people go and watch rugby (it's largely pants, and piss-boring for 70 minutes of each game) but you can't possibly, with a straight face, be seriously comparing one incident with the shite that goes on up and down the country at football matches?