Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Children's Kits ???

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Just been on the club shop site to try to price-up a kit for a 6 year old but can't seem to find any Children's kits. They can't have stopped doing them surely?

Comments

• Options
    They do medium boys, large boys and youth shirts. I don't think they are doing boxed kits or anything for very small children.

My other half is not pleased that they have axed shirts cut to fit women, which I understand was a cost-cutting measure. She won't have one as a consequence (saved me some dosh, though!).
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]They do medium boys, large boys and youth shirts. I don't think they are doing boxed kits or anything for very small children.

My other half is not pleased that they have axed shirts cut to fit women, which I understand was a cost-cutting measure. She won't have one as a consequence (saved me some dosh, though!).

I just got a large boys and it fits like the woman shirts used to - plus it was £10 cheaper than the Adult ones

:o)
  • Options
    i got my 6 year old a size 10 he is only small but fits really well
  • Options
    Apparently the smallest they do is age 8. Shame for the young supporters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ReddyRascals[/cite]Apparently the smallest they do is age 8. Shame for the young supporters.

Yep, enquired about this a few weeks ago. Apparently they're going to do a childs t-shirt that looks like a replica kit....! Cost cutting was the reason given
  • Options
    can't see why not doing the baby bodysuits would save money, they sell like hot cakes - assuming they aren't doing them this year. I picked up a kit on ebay and bought last years one too.
  • Options
    Why do they call the club shop a "SuperStore" ??????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Why do they call the club shop a "SuperStore" ??????

They could carry out some cost cutting there and just call it 'Store'
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Why do they call the club shop a "SuperStore" ??????[/quote]

They could carry out some cost cutting there and just call it 'Store'[/quote] It would be more inline with the store, it is hardly super, the bloke opposite with all his flags, scarfs and t shirts has some better gear than the "superstore"...........
  • Options
    Our club has the worst baby range i have ever seen in a club shop

it has peeed me off for years now i am going to need to buy new stuff but there is fudge all there to buy

someone there needs to have a bloody good look at what things people actually want and what is on offer, there must have been 10 different bloody baseball caps all of them as trainspotter looking as the next, no style in them at all,

We went through a stage where the club branding on items was not so in your face and you could wear the things without actually looking like an anorak

now they have gone backwards,

Store i wouldnt even call it that it is a shambles
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wouldn't be seen dead in most of the gear they sell to be honest, that said, the range is pretty poor.

a shocking lack of kids merchandise.

like mentioned above, who would wear a CAFC baseball cap !?!?
  • Options
    They made some blinding ones a few seasons ago with smaller logo's in not so in your face places, I hate to say it but they could learn a lot from the Spuds some of their gear is top notch
  • Options
    Bang on NLA

Wanted to get the boy some curtains, duvet set, etc for his bedroom.............what do they sell..........one set of womans PJ's a massive seller in SE7

I know i will get a hooded towel for the new baby............£12..............even i am not that mad to pay £12 for a bloody babys towel..............

Alternatively now i have just taken up golf. i could pay a tenner for three golf balls..............

whoever is in charge of merchandising at the club has not got a clue,
  • Options
    They havent for ages mate i think the last time i bought anything in that shop was the Mesh replica Shirt or the centenary shirt

it is a big waste of stock and electricity
  • Options
    Don't think it's a secret that the club has been struggling for money. If there's no money going in to buy stock then that is bound to affect what is on offer. It's not just about the judgement of the person doing the buying.

Granted we might all think we could do better, but we don't know what they are allowed to spend in the first place.
  • Options
    bah humbug
  • Options
    and you 2 say i moan feckin hell it's like listening to the 2 old gits on harry enfield
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Don't think it's a secret that the club has been struggling for money. If there's no money going in to buy stock then that is bound to affect what is on offer. It's not just about the judgement of the person doing the buying.

Granted we might all think we could do better, but we don't know what they are allowed to spend in the first place.

Take your point here AB but surely better market research would actually save money and increase sales, and it could be done fairly cheaply via a paper questionaire to fans on matchday on the seats regarding preferences for merchandise - the reality is also that this wasn't done when we cash rich, in a similar way to the beer issue.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Don't think it's a secret that the club has been struggling for money. If there's no money going in to buy stock then that is bound to affect what is on offer. It's not just about the judgement of the person doing the buying.

Take your point here AB but surely better market research would actually save money and increase sales, and it could be done fairly cheaply via a paper questionaire to fans on matchday on the seats regarding preferences for merchandise - the reality is also that this wasn't done when we cash rich, in a similar way to the beer issue.

I'd accept the current operation isn't very sophisticated; I'm just saying that it's no good blaming the retail manager for things that are outside his control.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]and you 2 say i moan feckin hell it's like listening to the 2 old gits on harry enfield[/quote]

Oi Steve.........how are the shorts doing...........even the "Superstore" wouldnt sell them.............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Don't think it's a secret that the club has been struggling for money. If there's no money going in to buy stock then that is bound to affect what is on offer. It's not just about the judgement of the person doing the buying.

Granted we might all think we could do better, but we don't know what they are allowed to spend in the first place.[/quote]

There is stock in that shop that even Del Boy wouldnt buy, as for the kits, kids will always wear the clubs colours seven days a week rather than an adult once a week maybe a fortnight, IMO football kits are for kids and young lads, not adults, thats where the money is, as for the adult market, go for smart suttle leisure wear.
  • Options
    It would be interesting to know what the proportion of shirt sales by age actually is - my perception is that we sell a lot more adult sizes than kids. There are also more adults than kids at matches - and generally.
  • Options
    thats because they never blooming have the kid sizes in.

AA i think that the money point on the budget is a fair one but a good way to generate money would be to have a good shop with items in it that folks would want to buy.

The stock in there at the moment is not good, when we were in the prem and everything was allegedly rosie you still had a real poor selection of merchandise.

The baby range is ridiculously small yet the oportunity for sales must be reasonably high due to the length of time a little kid actually wears the items due to how quick they grow.

Take way the replica kit sales as that isnt where i think that we are missing a trick, it is the standard of the leisure wear, Big in your face badges of CAFC are not what people want emblazend all over the clothes but i believe we did an se7 range that looked smart was not in your face and i recall seeing a lot of adult fans wearing,

When i saw the baseball caps the other day i couldnt believe it fella they looked terrible and i could not envisage them ever selling great quantities yet when you look at the amount of youngsters wearing baseball caps in and around the valley on a saturday surely they need to question why they are not wearing ours.

Not a dig at the person incharge but i can not believe that they have surveyed their audience because everyone i know at footie has moaned over the lack of child merchandise in the place.
  • Options
    The lack of kids stuff bugs me , as someone said the earlier the only thing you can buy is a hooded towel ....

The club does a lot for kids , season ticket prices , all the schools stuff with tickets and football coaching and the new junior reds thing ( isn't up and running yet however ) but then they don't provide the opportunity to buy the current kit that these kids can wear . Baffling really .
  • Options
    I'm not defending the stock and I agree there is more money that could be made. However, if you're struggling to pay the bills as it is, which the club has been, you can't go out and buy more stuff that you can't afford - even if it would mean more profit later on.

If opinion is that strong then perhaps the fans' forum should get involved, because the retail staff has been cut like other areas. They're not going to be able to spend their time conducting surveys, however desirable that might be.
  • Options
    Airman it would appear two things have happened this season, firstly there is a lot of old stock remaining from previous years, this should be first of all addressed, secondly, the only new stock that is in the shop are the new kits, thats it, therefore if you have no interst in buying the kit you wont go into the shop, in retail shops rely on add on sales, what is there to buy within the "Superstore" other than the new kit, even the small kiosk in the North Lower has not been open all season, if the man is not up to the job then find a man who is, as we are losing thousands a season
  • Options
    Even at Charlton, there is a line management structure. If the shop is as bad as you suggest then either it's the fault of the retail manager, and his bosses should have intervened within a reasonable timescale, or it's the fault of his bosses in the first place. The buck doesn't stop with the bloke running the shop.

I have some sympathy with what you say about the offer, but improving it is not as simple as changing the manager.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite] but improving it is not as simple as changing the manager.

we as addicks should know that mate over the last few years eh
  • Options
    I need a bit of help, I have decided to buy my nephew a Charlton shirt for his ninth birthday.

He doesn't have a team yet, but plays football with his mates. My brother isn't really in to football, so the lad hasn't inherited a team.  His mum is Spanish and he tells me he supports Barcelona, however, that is not acceptable, therefore I have taken on the duty of team influencer.

I have read the sizes, but without measuring the lad have no idea what size to get him. He will be nine in a couple of weeks, but is already wearing ten year olds clothes. I was thinking of XLB, but honestly have no idea. I wont be able to change it later as I will be getting it personalised too.

Advice would be greatly appreciated. THANKS <3
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I need a bit of help, I have decided to buy my nephew a Charlton shirt for his ninth birthday.

He doesn't have a team yet, but plays football with his mates. My brother isn't really in to football, so the lad hasn't inherited a team.  His mum is Spanish and he tells me he supports Barcelona, however, that is not acceptable, therefore I have taken on the duty of team influencer.

I have read the sizes, but without measuring the lad have no idea what size to get him. He will be nine in a couple of weeks, but is already wearing ten year olds clothes. I was thinking of XLB, but honestly have no idea. I wont be able to change it later as I will be getting it personalised too.

Advice would be greatly appreciated. THANKS <3
    I think you are bang on with that size. I bought that exact one for my 9 year old nephew last Christmas and he's a big fella. My sis has told me to get him the 2XLB this year which she says fit 13-14 year olds. So I think you're safe with the XLB.