Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

From the outside looking in - it looks likes we want to go down?

A few years ago I heard a story of how a young man was offered the job to manage a local business. The Boss owned ran a small chain of Estate Agents, he knew nothing about Estate Agency and was a property developer - and in particular this office performed reasonably well. For a year the new manager gradually ran it further and further into he ground increasing the operating costs month in month out - employing staff who didn't work out and just basically going through the motions. "Yes the market is quiet" he'd tell his boss on a regular basis. Until eventually his boss the owner made a commercial decision and shut this branch down. The lease was transferred within two weeks and a mystery buyer bought the equipment etc for a knock down price. Imagine the old boss' look on his face to see the young manager he had employed now running and owning the old business - yep you got it in one - the young Estate Agent had fleeced his old boss and from what I hear nowadays runs and owns a group of 6 or so outlets and does very well thank you very much.

Now what has this go to to do with football - well nothing I guess apart from the fact that our shares are being voraciously snapped up and are at an all time high.

Surprising really for a club that faces relegation.

We can point the finger at Curbs, Dowie or Reed but I still think Murray needs to come clean on what is going on before someone does put 2 and 2 together and gets the magical 4.

Comments

• Options
    Where can i find the value of our shares that the club is in private hands. Are we going to be taken over.
  • Options
    You what? It's late, so I must be missing something
  • Options
    Missing all the money coming next season makes us a better proposition for a sale??? Losing Prem status and all the cash... You need to explain yourself as the analogy you make makes no sense for a football club unless Dowie and Reed are going to buy the club for tuppence in the summer. Seems somewhat unlikely
  • Options
    Nope not at all it wasnt menat to be literally taken - what i am saying is that it doesnt make any sense - and its time for the board to stop hiding and come clean -

Why are the shares at an all time high and being sold in lumps ?

The story was to illustrate that sometimes you dont know when you are being f***ed over and you cant trust anyone in business.

Varneys comments in relation to external investment in the Wycombe programme also set the stage in what is gradullay unravelling into a bizzare story. Nah dont get me wrong its not a conspiracy theory or anything its just there seems to be smoke screen after smoke screen and finger pointing going on.

The squad hasnt changed that much.
    Everyone is stum about Dowie.
    Lets blame poor old Les Reed - well who appointed him anyway - talk about a scapegoat its laughable.

Who stands to make the most gain from increased share value? - who stands to make most gain from buying out other directors?

Who wants to move the club forward?
    Who wants to keep it as it is?
  • Options
    I'm still missing your point.

As far as I understand, the directors convert the money they loan to the club into shares instead of taking the money out, as for external investment, it's this years new thing, and we might be cheaper for AEG for example to buy in the Championship, but who knows.
  • Options
    i'm not up to date, but i think you will find its to do with the impending de-listing. I think this is genuinely more to do with cost saving rather than an alterior motive.

I don't think you were, but from first glance reading it, it appeared that you were suggesting Murray had instigated this downfall, to buy out the remainder of the shares easier, which is absolute bonkers.

But i don't think you were.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]it appeared that you were suggesting Murray had instigated this downfall, to buy out the remainder of the shares easier, which is absolute bonkers.

But i don't think you were.[/quote]

No I wasnt at all by any stretch of the imagination although it does appear that shares are being stacked up on the side (it doesnt make sense for a club facing relegation)

the shares are as follows - I dont know how up to date it is if this was to do wiht the buy back then they seem very high - like artificially high.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Options
    there is nothing in that believe me, they have only moved about 10% from when the de-listing was announced, and that was solely due to people selling up, not active buying.
  • Options
    So why all the active buying flurry - I dont believe its people buying up £29.00 framed gift certificates do you? Wasnt the delisting announced in February?
  • Options
    it is largely to do with the fact the shares are not actively traded on the AIM market. They were essentially 'buy and hold' shares, and rarely come on the market, certainly in any size. Because of the de-listing, it has prompted many to sell up, simply because it will become even harder to offload in future, similar to when a gilt becomes a 'rump stock'. I suspect the buyers will be the main players within the club, but i would suspect that is being done more out of duty than any other motive.

I'll check on what sort of volumes have been going through when i return to work next week, but i honestly don't think there is anything in it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you I knew id get a straight answer on here from someone that knows about these things - Have a check though it would be interesting to see I think :0)

If they are being snapped up internally then thats Ok cos it will protect their interest I guess ?

PS still think none of this makes sense though ATM - hardly a club trying to stay up - just going through the motions if you ask me - its like we have just given up and I have never agreed with the choices of managers elected :P