Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
I vented my spleen last night, I've said my bit today, I've wallowed in self-pity for over 17 hours. That's it. For me it stops NOW.

It's obvious that Les is here to stay, that the Board are going to back him in January and they feel the current management team can get us out of this mess with some new blood and a fair wind. It's time for us to back Les, Robbo and Kins and do our bit to fight off relegation. If, with new faces, things do not get any better then that is the time for heads to roll. For now we need to back them AND the team. If this current bunch of dozy twonks can even part motivate themselves over the next couple of weeks and pick up even five points from the next four games it'll give us a chance when the new recruits arrive, like cavalry charging over the hill. A point at Boro, beat the Cottagers and a point, maybe better v Villa, and we are in with a shout. Anything more a bonus, anything less though and we are doomed.

Can the current bunch do it ? If last night was a wake up call maybe they can surprise us and do so. But at The Valley against Fulham and Villa we need to get behind them no matter how badly they play. We must support them. Last night was the ideal occasion to vent our frustrations, Premier League games are not. I don't want the cameras at The Valley to be focused on fans disquiet, even fan protests, I want them to say afterwards how great the fans were, how they got behind the team no matter what, I want us to be proud of what we are, what we stand for, who we are, even if the players are not. I want the cameras and fans at home to see why we are Charlton and proud of it.

The negativity stops here for me. A predict a point at Boro !!

UP THE ADDICKS !!! C'MON YOU REDS !!!

Comments

• Options
    The six o'clock alarm would never ring.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] A predict a point at Boro !!!

better than a riot?!

i agree. we've had our say, they should take note, and now we'll support them on saturday (well 92 people will) and cheer them on, and if they respond by giving 100% we'll stay behind them!
  • Options
    with you 100% Large, well done mate.
  • Options
    You are right of course - it's bad enough the club, manager and board being a laughing stock at the moment without the fans joining the melee as well.

From my point of view I'm just glad I'm not a member of the board because they are between the devil and the deep blue sea.

They know they have made a mess of things but how the hell do they get themselves out of it?

Giving more money to spend in January without a significant income from sales of players may well be chucking good money after bad and leave us in an even bigger mess if we end up in the Championship.

Spending nothing will be greeted with derision.

Selling Darren Bent will acknowledge throwing in the towel and consigning the club to relegation.

Most of our other `assets' will hardly be wanted by anyone unless they are at throwaway prices/ significant losses or loans (perhaps with partial wage payments from Charlton).

Reed has been given a three year contract so we are stuck with him or stuck with another pay-off.

What a flaming mess! As I said I'm glad it's not my business - I'm really only a customer at the end of the day - but they have got some very difficult choices to make and there is going to be egg on face whatever they decide.

The only possible way of saving face for them that I can see is staying up and that looks an awful long way away at the moment even at this time of year when miracles are supposed to happen!
  • Options
    I cannot agree - because in my mind we have to part company with Les Reed and I would rather it happen now than February. We need a manager, not an expert on prozone analysis.
  • Options
    Good sentiments and well put Large.

I dont share your optimism about the next few results but will still be there cherring them on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Good sentiments and well put Large.

I dont share your optimism about the next few results but will still be there cherring them on.

*dons pedantic hat*

We are going to throw cherries at them next are we?

*places pedantic hat on sideboard*
  • Options
    LOL, sorry too many shandies at lunch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]You are right of course - it's bad enough the club, manager and board being a laughing stock at the moment without the fans joining the melee as well.

From my point of view I'm just glad I'm not a member of the board because they are between the devil and the deep blue sea.

They know they have made a mess of things but how the hell do they get themselves out of it?

Giving more money to spend in January without a significant income from sales of players may well be chucking good money after bad and leave us in an even bigger mess if we end up in the Championship.

Spending nothing will be greeted with derision.

Selling Darren Bent will acknowledge throwing in the towel and consigning the club to relegation.

Most of our other `assets' will hardly be wanted by anyone unless they are at throwaway prices/ significant losses or loans (perhaps with partial wage payments from Charlton).

Reed has been given a three year contract so we are stuck with him or stuck with another pay-off.

What a flaming mess! As I said I'm glad it's not my business - I'm really only a customer at the end of the day - but they have got some very difficult choices to make and there is going to be egg on face whatever they decide.

The only possible way of saving face for them that I can see is staying up and that looks an awful long way away at the moment even at this time of year when miracles are supposed to happen!

Th only option is to do what they should have done in the beginning, scrap this ridiculous coaching system and get in a proven manager to sort out this mess.
  • Options
    I take your point but given the fact that the managing setup have been given lengthy contracts that means more money down the drain and more loss of face.

Given the losses to be incurred from relegation that may well be small beer but relegation may be almost inevitable already whatever they do now. Who knows? And that is the dilemma when you are in charge of the purse strings and don't want to look even more stupid than you do already! Too many unknowns that could prove very expensive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite] The only option is to .... get in a proven manager to sort out this mess.

I fully agree we need a proven manager at the helm - BEFORE THE WEEKEND

And I don't think Pardew would make much difference either.
  • Options
    would it be fair to say you want Reed out Salad ??
  • Options
    I agree with Salad & Barn door Lisbie. The management structure is what's wrong, as I've said before.